Author Topic: Q for Dr. Bermant: Gland removal  (Read 1890 times)

Offline fromfar

• Posting Member
Dear Dr. Bermant,
It been really difficult to find plastic surgeon who is familiar with puffy nipple in my country and that really saddens me as I can't afford to fly to US. Anyway I will continue to look for surgeon who is able to perform both gland removal and liposuction. Most of them are more comfortable with liposuction only and believe that this could improve the puffiness. But after reading the forum and your website, I believe gland removal is necessary to solve puffy nipple .
I have a question on gland removal for puffy nipple.
A surgeon told me that once the areola is cut in semicircle; he will leave some flesh under the areola skin, and remove the gland + fat under that flesh. This is to make sure no crater effect. Is this a normal procedure in gland removal for puffy nipple? I was under the impression that the flesh (gland + fat) under the areola skin will be removed and this will make sure there is no puffiness on nipple/areola after surgery. I feel really helpless. Please advice.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Well, I'm not Dr.B but perhaps by placing your question back on top of the pile you'll get another shot at a response.

Since your question is quite specific, and deals with surgery outside the US, it may be helpful if your potential respondents knew what country you are from.

Good luck!
Grandpa Dan

Offline fromfar

• Posting Member
Dear Paa,
Thank you very much for your reply. It really means alot . I am very new to this forum, and actually was quite sad, since there were no respone to my question before. I am from Malaysia and have great difficulty in getting a PS who has experience in gynecomastia especially those who have treated puffy nipples. I am really  hoping and relying on this forum to get some information . I hope with that, I will be able to find some suitable PS here in Malaysia.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024