Author Topic: Re: Can you sue if surgeon is falsely advertising?  (Read 1971 times)

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
You can pretty much sue anyone for anything... whether or not you will win is the real question...

What specifically is this person claiming? I doubt he states he has been "doing" gyne surgery for years, as you have put it.

If he has claimed to have been "performing" gyne surgery for 24 years when in fact he has only been doing it for 9, then yes, you could sue. If he says something along the lines of having 24 years "experience" with gyne surgery, that would be harder to attack...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
nargle....

Why would you want to sue the guy? Has he done you any harm?

Grampa Bambu...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
I'm not sure why you would "sue" him but yes, if that's the case, the false advertisement needs to be brought to the attention of whatever governmental body it is that regulates advertising.

I say investigate it and expose the fraudulent doctor.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 07:00:48 AM by jc71 »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
My bet is that you'll find a qualifier in there somewhere.  

like 24 years of cosmetic surgical experience now specializing in gynecomastia.  With this statement, he could have decided to specialize last week and has done only 3 cases but that information is still true.

You are probably attempting to whip a dead horse.  

You'll get nothing for your effort.
Grandpa Dan

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
My bet is that you'll find a qualifier in there somewhere.  

like 24 years of cosmetic surgical experience now specializing in gynecomastia.  With this statement, he could have decided to specialize last week and has done only 3 cases but that information is still true.

You are probably attempting to whip a dead horse.  

You'll get nothing for your effort.

And that's why people can get away with stuff like that. Because pursuing it isn't worth the effort.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024