Author Topic: Im taking the plunge time to book gyno surgery!! Karidis consultation booked! :D  (Read 3223 times)

Damn7547

Hi all

Having been trolling through womens cosmetic forums to find info its a relief to find u guys on this forum lol!!

So as the name suggests im looking to get rid of my moobs, had them for donkey years and its time...

Ive been looking around for a surgeon and was keen on Dr Alex Chambers based on wimpole street to do my surgery as i can be booked into surgery within a week and they have interest free options..

BUT having come to this forum and finding Karidis im having 2nd thoughts of gOing with Dr Chambers. The thing i like about karidis is that you people are the living proof of his sucesses and the few not so sucessful whereas every other practice i have been to seems to recycle images that they all share!!!

For me the ability to have the op in 2 weeks is great as i have leave booked for a month, could i get a booking in with Karidis this quickly? Theres no interest free option which is a bummer but you cant get everything i guess.

Mo  ;D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 03:26:51 PM by Damn7547 »

Damn7547

Also what kind of after care is there? I got a quote for £4000 for vaser, gland removal, compression garnent and aftercare appointments with lyphatic massage

Thanks

Mo

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Hey man, welcome to forum :)

In terms of booking quickly, yes - someone on here recently got a next day booking lol. I've been a picky bastard and have had to wait until August 11th in order to go in on a Saturday.

My surgery is a little over £4k. The only real thing I get with that is two compression garments but one of the best surgeons in the UK. Although from what I've heard you can do the massaging yourself and won't need any kind of aftercare.

Good luck
My Trip Report (Preop & Postop pics).

Damn7547

Thanks for replying man thats great about quick bookings at least that puts my mind at ease. Are therecheckup appointments after the surgery like a checkup? Im trying to book for like 19th july so hope i get it. Worth being picky about tho!

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
I think there's one check up appointment just to see how things are healing a couple of months later (but I'm really not 100% on this).

Someone else should chime in with a definite answer, and worth waiting for a response - this kind of thing needs to get done right!

Also, if you're looking at hotels the Danubius is about £140 a night. I spoke to Karidis' PA today and there's a discount if you let them know you're booked at the hospital.

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
FWIW I've just booked the Danubius, the discount for the hospital was about £10/night, which was less than the £20 I saved by just booking in advance with a debit card.

Damn7547

Well i just called nicola patient coordinator is saying 8th aug earliest appointment... Guess will have to pook elsewhere i guess :(

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
When I first figured I was going to get surgery I was really really excited. I would have taken it that very minute if it was available to me. However the last month since I booked has been really good - I've had so much time to think about what I'm going to put myself through. It's also given me the opportunity to exercise as hard as I can in the build up to the date.

8th August is about a month away. In the grand scheme of things that's absolutely naff all. But as an alternative you might want to check with Mr Levick as he seems to be on a very similar level to Karidis. You should probably mention to his PA that you have spoken with Dr. Karidis and they're able to schedule you in but if Levick can make it happen sooner then he's all yours!

Best of luck whatever you decide.

Damn7547

Thanks for the advice Rasputin i did give a call to Levick but also put in a "beg" email to Karidis and low and behold they had a cancellation date so i have a consultation with Karidis on the 16th July.

Sound advice tho about the exercise will take that on board

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Guys there is a great little 4 star hotel in Lancaster Gate.  I think its called Hyde Park Premier or something.  I booked it on Last minute and cost around £60.  It's only two stops away from St Johns Wood.  Danibus is a rip off so dont bother.

Damn7547

I was gonna get one of my family members to drop me and pick me...? its about 30-40min journey but ill check out hotels incase. thanks dexs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024