Author Topic: Compression Vest Confusion  (Read 6581 times)

Offline Damn_those_mams

• Posting Member
Hi all,

I'm new to posting, but I've been lurking on and off since about 2006. After trying the NHS route back then, and failing, I've once again decided to face this thing head on. With support and understanding from my girlfriend I'm starting a diet and saving for surgery, I've set myself the goal of getting rid of these things in (very) early 2014.
I'm sure I'm not alone in allowing my body weight to creep up so as to give a slightly better body contour; I'd rather be seen as "that fat bloke with t*ts" than "that normal looking bloke, apart from the fact he has HUGE t*ts".... Mine really do get more apparent when I trim down, believe me I've tried.

I'm well aware that I'm very overweight (6'4"/291 lbs) and I could probably do with losing about 60 lbs, if not a little more.

So, on to my problem; If I'm to get down as close to that weight as possible before surgery, my chest is going to look even more awful for several months. I want to disguise this as much as I can, so I'm looking into compression vests.

I have Bilateral Moderate Gynecomastia which needs pulling in, I also need something to pull my gut in (as my general posture has become terrible over the years), but the choices seem bewildering. I don't mind the heat so much as I've kind of gotten used to wearing multi layers.

My choices are between the Underworks Mens Extreme Gynecomastia Chest Binder Tank Top on Amazon, or the Gynecomastia / Bodyshaping compression vest (to waist) on the Macom site. Some feed back from users, or ideally from guys that have tried both, would be much appreciated. Feedback on other brands would also be welcome.

The sizing also confuses me, I see that some say one size smaller than normal, some say 2 sizes, but is that from actual chest size (ribs) actual chest size (breast) or the size one would wear to hide it.

My sizes are thus; Chest at ribs 48"(xl?), chest at nipples 51"(xxl?) and I would normally elect to wear a xxxl to hide things. Which of these measurements do I base it on please?

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any feedback.

P.s. I'm UK based if this makes any difference for postage purposes.
300 lbs >>> 283 lbs = 17 lbs :-)

Offline KSS24

• Bronze Member
Hi mate, for exercise and occassions I wanted to wear something half tight I always wore my nike under amour vests and a Gynecomastia compression vest I got from Amazon. Speaking from experience I can say the Gynecomastia compression vest I got was very good, I only wore it now and then when I needed to but it really worked, of course my Gyne might be smaller compared to yours? And my size I'm 13.7st?

This is the exact one I got from Amazon, just checked my history. I got it in a medium. I'm 6.1ft and as I said 13.7st and it fits lovely and tight. I like to get it pretty darn tight as well rather have it tight than lose.

http:// www. amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001DLGWJS/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 <<< put spaces in there to be able to post the link.

Offline Damn_those_mams

• Posting Member
Cheers mate. I've had a Nike top for years, not sure if it's the under amour one or not though.
I've lost just over a stone since winter and my xxxl shirts are hanging off me like a tent (looks feckin terrible) but some of my old, soon to come out of retirement, xxl shirts are still a tad snug around my chest. I'm looking to pull in some of the conical "pointiness" which I hope will leave me looking like I have a large muscle-based chest.
I'm still a bit confused on what sizes to get. I suppose I'll take a gamble on one and return if necessary.
The small weight loss so far, combined with a few crunches and bike riding have sucked the tummy in quite a bit, so I might be able to maintain a "normal" looking balance/contour through til autumn when I can justify all the extra layers. A comfort blanket if you like.

Regards, J.

Offline Damn_those_mams

• Posting Member
Oh well, just ordered the Underworks Ultimate Chest Binder Extreme Gynecomastia Tank Top from Amazon in XL, let's see what it does for me hey :-)

Offline Damn_those_mams

• Posting Member
Well, it turned up first thing this morning (good job Amazon & Postie) in a plain package. It is VERY snug, but does give a satisfactory body line. I'm still obviously a chunky monkey, but with a large flatish chest rather than pointy bits. This in turn encourages one to pull the belly in, resulting in better posture.
It's a hot, breezy day here today , but I've just walked to the shops in a very snug (for me) XXL shirt instead of the usual XXXL and jacket that I'd normally adopt. This alone has made it worth the £36.48 inc P&P

I'm tempted to get another but in XXL, as this one does tend to rub under the arm pits, and squeeze out the flab there. I'll keep the current one though, as the rate at which I'm losing weight, a steady 3 lbs a week, It will be fine for me in about 6 weeks time.

Today was a good day :-)

J

Offline GazzaD

• Posting Member
Keep it up mate  :)you sound determined .

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024