Author Topic: A gyne trend?  (Read 1947 times)

Offline GyneIsNoFun

It seems that 95% of the cases of gyno posted on this site come from people who were overweight at some point during puberty.

I guess the excess estrogen being produced while going through puberty plus increased estrogen levels from being overweight is definitely how most people are stuck with lasting gyno.

:P If I knew i'de literally grow breasts from gaining weight when I was 14, I probably would have paid closer attention to diet.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
don't feel bad, your stat is way high.  i was nowhere near overweight and it hit me anyway.  now components of diet might be subject to discussion, but it's not a subject that's been scientifically studied to death either.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Snake

• Posting Member
I was a skinny kid and still got it.   >:(

Offline IlluminaZero

• Bronze Member
  • What the hell is YaBB 1G - SP1!?
I was overweight when I was an adolescent, I admit that. However I am more concerned with how foods may potentially effect us really. Gynecomastia seems to effect some populations moreso then others, it would interesting to see how genetics and nutrients play into all this. (It doesn't necessarily have to be one or the other remember. The two can be interrelated.)

Part of the reason I noticed I had Gynecomastia is because I saw quite a few fat guys with flatter chests then I had. I found that very confusing in my ignorant state of being. ;) This is also why I suspect there might be more to Gynecomastia development then what we know presently.

Presently, I am concerned over the use of growth hormones in meat and the such and how it affects our own hormones.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 03:06:49 AM by IlluminaZero »

Offline Preds

• Silver Member
I have never seen a skinny person with a moderate case.  Only a minor case of gyne.  I think your right that being overweight make the problem worse.  It takes the minor cse and make it much worse
Post surgery
Got my shirt off right now!!!!! lol

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
In my case, i was taking a medication that caused my gyno. It did this through mainly  weight gain and it also did something to one of my nipples.

I was five stone overweight when I started to lose the weight after going off the med. I was on a waiting list for surgery so i didn't have anything better to do but get the rest of me sorted at least.

I have made a huge difference and my gyno has gone from a  moderate case to a very minor case on one side.However i have seen some people on this site who have low body fat and gyno. So being fat and gyno aren't always limked. I do think though that if you are overweight generally It may be worth getting down to a healthy weight first before rethinking surgery.....

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I do not think that the normal chubbiness that occurs with so many boys at different times in puberty is the issue that some people make it out to be.

There is a condition called gynecoid obesity which is a bit of a different issue however.  In this there are fatty deposits on the hips, thighs, buttocks etc.  as well as the breast area.  This even though the person is not necessarily overweight per se.  Such a person should be seeing an Endocrinologist.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024