Author Topic: Gyne & Marijuana  (Read 8089 times)

Offline tom9900

• Posting Member
Hi, I currently smoke marijuana on a weekend basis only. Marijuana has not been the cause of my gyne, i've had gyne since I was in my early teens; I believe it was due to taking an inhaler containing steroids in order to clear my bronchitus, I abused the inhaler and used it frequently even when not needed... Anyways, i'm going to get the surgery done and of course I wont smoke marijuana for a good month prior to the opperation. I'm curious on what you think the chances are of gyne striking again even after the opperation if I continue to smoke marijuana. I work out and take Muay Thai for exercise. Is the likelinessof my nipples puffing out again slim to none?

Offline Yoshi

• Bronze Member
The inhaler you speak of for asthma is not an anabolic steroid. The inhaler steroids are a different type of steroids, which causes fat gain, not muscle gain.

THE INHALER IS THEREFORE NOT A CAUSE OF YOUR GYNE.

Marijuana may not be the cause of your problem, but it certainly won't help. Since we can eliminate the inhaler problem you are left with a few reasons why you have gyne.

You were once fat
didn't go away with puberty
Marijuana smoking

So...let's do the math
Let's say each of your joints cost you $6 (not sure if actual price, I just googled it) and you smoke 2 a week.
You would be spending $312 on marijuana a year
and you'd be paying around $4000-6000 on surgery

If you continue to smoke marijuana not only will you be losing a substantial amount of money, but you may also have to continue to get another $4000-6000 surgery.

Point: Don't be a dumbass by using the asthma inhalers as a scapegoat because they will not cause gyne and don't risk paying a crap load for another surgery.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 03:39:05 PM by Yoshi »

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
I dont feel sorry for people who smoked Marijuana and got Gyne.

I know thats not your case, but still dont be an idiot.

Stay off the drugs.

Offline tom9900

• Posting Member
The inhaler you speak of for asthma is not an anabolic steroid. The inhaler steroids are a different type of steroids, which causes fat gain, not muscle gain.

THE INHALER IS THEREFORE NOT A CAUSE OF YOUR GYNE.

Marijuana may not be the cause of your problem, but it certainly won't help. Since we can eliminate the inhaler problem you are left with a few reasons why you have gyne.

You were once fat
didn't go away with puberty
Marijuana smoking

So...let's do the math
Let's say each of your joints cost you $6 (not sure if actual price, I just googled it) and you smoke 2 a week.
You would be spending $312 on marijuana a year
and you'd be paying around $4000-6000 on surgery

If you continue to smoke marijuana not only will you be losing a substantial amount of money, but you may also have to continue to get another $4000-6000 surgery.

Point: Don't be a dumbass by using the asthma inhalers as a scapegoat because they will not cause gyne and don't risk paying a crap load for another surgery.

Saving money by not buying marijuana isn't what i'm worried about... I'm sorry if you think i'm a dumbass for coming up with a probable cause for my gyne... and I'm also sorry if I offended you folks by saying I smoke marijuana. I still want to know if after the surgery, will gyne creep back up, even if I am physically active and not eating bad? Sure theres always a chance, but what's the reality here?

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Yes Marijuana can cause Gyne.

But even if it didnt you should stop smoking.

Offline hellothere

Hey man. From a first hand experience YES a steroid inhaler can and will cause gynecomastia. I took Prednisone and Beclovent which is a steroid inhaler to treat my asthma.

Thats when my gyne began developing. I never knew what gyne was or what was going on, so I didnt know when to stop. I would take the pills and inhalor anytime I would get sick as a preventative measure as instructed by my doc, because sickness is what brought about my asthma attacks.

Thats what caused my wicked case of gyne which is now thankfully gone. I had blood work recently and my hormone levels are all fine. So thats the only other thing it could of been...

my advice, save up, get surgery, quit smoking pot..its for retards, and don't binge drink.

Offline unisys

• Bronze Member
I'm surprised people are so anti-marijuana on this board considering how harmless it is compared to alcohol & tobacco. Alcohol & nicotine are probably the deadliest chemicals in the world based on the number of deaths they cause each year, yet nobody asks why those are still legal in any amounts while marijuana is illegal...

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
I'm surprised people are so anti-marijuana on this board considering how harmless it is compared to alcohol & tobacco. Alcohol & nicotine are probably the deadliest chemicals in the world based on the number of deaths they cause each year, yet nobody asks why those are still legal in any amounts while marijuana is illegal...

I completely agree.

I have had gynaecomastia since childhood.  I smoked cannabis from the age of 18 to 25 regularly, but did not know it was associated with gynaecomastia.  I didn't even know my breast condition even had a name!  However, I don't recall cannabis use making my situation worse.  But I do accept that it certainly didn't make it any better.

It easy to judge someone for using illegal substances, but that does nothing to help answer the questions the OP is asking.

There are a number of prescription drugs that have been attributed to the contribution (or cause?) of increased breast tissue in men.  I don't know how inhalers may or may not contribute to it.

However, I would say that once anyone has had surgery, to seriously consider how their gynaecomastia made them feel and if continuing to use cannabis is something they are prepared to continue to use, knowing it may antagonise any remaining breast tissue.

Offline tom9900

• Posting Member

I completely agree.

I have had gynaecomastia since childhood.  I smoked cannabis from the age of 18 to 25 regularly, but did not know it was associated with gynaecomastia.  I didn't even know my breast condition even had a name!  However, I don't recall cannabis use making my situation worse.  But I do accept that it certainly didn't make it any better.

It easy to judge someone for using illegal substances, but that does nothing to help answer the questions the OP is asking.

There are a number of prescription drugs that have been attributed to the contribution (or cause?) of increased breast tissue in men.  I don't know how inhalers may or may not contribute to it.

However, I would say that once anyone has had surgery, to seriously consider how their gynaecomastia made them feel and if continuing to use cannabis is something they are prepared to continue to use, knowing it may antagonise any remaining breast tissue.

but alot of cannibus users do not have gyne, is this saying that people with gyne previously will always have gyne attached to them even after surgery?

Offline Hypo-is-here

This topic does the rounds every couple of weeks :-/

Look marijuana has a certain but lose association with gynecomastia.

If you take x number of people who smoke marijuana and compare that with y number of people who do not smoke marijuana then you will find a greater statistical number in the x group who have gynecomastia, providing there are sufficient numbers of people in both groups.

There isn't a lot more people statistically speaking in the marijuana group, just enough for it to warrant its inclusion as a drug weakly associated with gynecomastia and a drug which can cause gynecomastia develpment or at least have a part to play in its development.

Now that we know the facts can we please put this one to bed at least for this week :-/

The moral arguments have been flogged a thousand times and are neither here nor there and ultimately you either knowingly smoke and take on board that statistical risk or you do not.

What more can be said ::)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 06:16:39 AM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member

sounds like a cnn-ed man, allan, do you drink alcohol??

If you mean do I get drunk? No.

I do have the odd drink now and again.

Offline tom9900

• Posting Member
This topic does the rounds every couple of weeks :-/

Look marijuana has a certain but lose association with gynecomastia.

If you take x number of people who smoke marijuana and compare that with y number of people who do not smoke marijuana then you will find a greater statistical number in the x group who have gynecomastia, providing there are sufficient numbers of people in both groups.

There isn't a lot more people statistically speaking in the marijuana group, just enough for it to warrant its inclusion as a drug weakly associated with gynecomastia and a drug which can cause gynecomastia develpment or at least have a part to play in its development.

Now that we know the facts can we please put this one to bed at least for this week :-/

The moral arguments have been flogged a thousand times and are neither here nor there and ultimately you either knowingly smoke and take on board that statistical risk or you do not.

What more can be said ::)

i'm pretty sure that since non marijuana users outnumber those who do smoke, your statistics dont hold up. i, as well as many others got gyne in their early teens, i did not smoke marijuana back then. by saying people who smoke marijuana often have gyne more so than people who dont is false.

Offline Hypo-is-here

i'm pretty sure that since non marijuana users outnumber those who do smoke, your statistics dont hold up. i, as well as many others got gyne in their early teens, i did not smoke marijuana back then. by saying people who smoke marijuana often have gyne more so than people who dont is false.

Tom the statistics I am referring to are known factual findings from endocrinologists over the past 20years, not some raise of hands on this site or quick fire questions the last time I was stood in a bar eating peanuts  :-/

It is well known by endocrinologists that Marijuana  has an association albeit a weak one with the development of gynecomastia.

It is also known from extensive animal studies, (studies I have presented to this site) that gynecomastia has a weak but very definite adverse affect on the endocrine system.

You are not in a postion to dispute these facts.

Marijuana might cause gynecomastia if you smoke it, but given its a weak association it might not.

The choice is yours as the individual, you have the information and you pays your money and you takes your chances.

I'm not arguing one way or the other what people should do.

Where is the argument?

Also where is the need for anyone to be calling each other names or sniping at each other etc as is seen as always?

This kind of thing is utterly pointless and has been done a thousand times before on this site.

This thread is just the same old childish semantical crap;

Smoker defends- non smoker attacks etc.

Pointless crap with entrenched viewpoints based on personal choices added to some pointless moral gesturing thrown in for good measure.  

And this comes to the point I am actually trying to make.

It might be an idea for people to look back at previous posts instead of pointlessly rehashing/reiterating the same old ited arguments every other week.

How hard can it be for people to look back a few weeks and see what has already been written on the matter?

It is like de ja vu.

I must have posted in this exact thread a thousand times over and hear the same nonsensical crap and posturing over and over and over from both sides.

Odds that people will listen- remote.

Odds that this subject will be raised anew and the arguments run again next week or the week after in another marijuana thread- Definite!!

It is like our very own groundhog day :-/

Offline tom9900

• Posting Member

Tom the statistics I am referring to are known factual findings from endocrinologists over the past 20years, not some raise of hands on this site or quick fire questions the last time I was stood in a bar eating peanuts  :-/

It is well known by endocrinologists that Marijuana  has an association albeit a weak one with the development of gynecomastia.

It is also known from extensive animal studies, (studies I have presented to this site) that gynecomastia has a weak but very definite adverse affect on the endocrine system.

You are not in a postion to dispute these facts.

Marijuana might cause gynecomastia if you smoke it, but given its a weak association it might not.

The choice is yours as the individual, you have the information and you pays your money and you takes your chances.

I'm not arguing one way or the other what people should do.

Where is the argument?

Also where is the need for anyone to be calling each other names or sniping at each other etc as is seen as always?

This kind of thing is utterly pointless and has been done a thousand times before on this site.

This thread is just the same old childish semantical crap;

Smoker defends- non smoker attacks etc.

Pointless crap with entrenched viewpoints based on personal choices added to some pointless moral gesturing thrown in for good measure.  

And this comes to the point I am actually trying to make.

It might be an idea for people to look back at previous posts instead of pointlessly rehashing/reiterating the same old ited arguments every other week.

How hard can it be for people to look back a few weeks and see what has already been written on the matter?

It is like de ja vu.

I must have posted in this exact thread a thousand times over and hear the same nonsensical crap and posturing over and over and over from both sides.

Odds that people will listen- remote.

Odds that this subject will be raised anew and the arguments run again next week or the week after in another marijuana thread- Definite!!

It is like our very own groundhog day :-/

How is this thread childish? I approached the subject wanting serious responses. I'm sorry I havn't been apart of this bitch-breast cult long enough to know that this topic is kicking a dead horse.  Bottom line - this is just a message board, I hope you understand that. Dont take offense to something so trivial.

Offline Hypo-is-here

How is this thread childish? I approached the subject wanting serious responses. I'm sorry I havn't been apart of this bitch-breast cult long enough to know that this topic is kicking a dead horse.  Bottom line - this is just a message board, I hope you understand that. Dont take offense to something so trivial.

I'm not taking offence at the trivial, i'm not taking offence at all.  

And i'm not saying the thread is childish in terms of the original post or intent.  I am saying it is the content that always tends to ensue in these threads once the original post is made that is childish- they always end up as pointless smoker vs non smoker bickering.

I know this for a fact as i have seen it non stop for two years.

Which is why I was trying to make IMHO a very valid point, that perhaps all of that can be avoided by simply looking at previous posts and the discussions that have already taken place before.

The backlog of threads/posts on the site is a great resource that can help people more than they think and is rarely used.

That is my point in full.  

If you don't like that ok fair enough.  But instead of typing responses to what you see as mails directed unfaily at you (which you misinterpreted) you could instead have been reading hundrends of past threads that answered your own questions.  

You would have got what you want, you would have got it faster and you wouldn't have to deal with the infighting that stems from this debates.

I think you have an idea of who I am and what I am trying to say and have just got it wrong.

Best of luck with getting the answers.

You should check out past posts though as you'll get a better answer to your question by looking at a combination of past posts.

I'm out of here.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024