Author Topic: 18 with gyne  (Read 2487 times)

Offline SOAD

• Posting Member
Okay, so I've had it for 4 or 5 years now, but only in my left breast, really prounounced, hard lump under my nipple (it feels really tender to touch and is slightly painful when pressed) and puffy nipple. My right breast is perfect and has nothing wrong with it. I've been doing proper weight training for nearly a year and my chest muscle is getting slowly larger. My left breast has simply moved further out, and my right stayed fine, with chest muscle becoming defined. Another thing is it seems to swell and become more prounced when I get really hot, say when taking a hot shower for example.

I have been perfect weight for my height all the way through puberty and have a very low body fat percentage (most people say I'm skinny although I am at "ideal" weight according to most measures) and have had for years, much longer than I have had gyne... when measured at the gym before I started training properly I was at <5% (I know these measurements are not accurate.. it came out at 3.5%).. you can probably safely say I'm at <10%.

I've read that in most cases it goes away in a few years but it looks like mine is sticking :-/ It looks rediculously lop-sided; is there anything I can do right now? Is there any chance it will naturally go away?

Thanks for your time. I'm aware some of these questions have been answered in other threads but it is sort of partial, and I haven't seen anyone with a really similar situation. Anyway, you might be able to appreciate I'd like a response definetely specific to me on something that is so important to me... its so frustrating that I am developing a really good upper body (he says not-so-modestly) but I am too embaressed to take my top off because of this gyne. Thanks again.

19 Years old, unilateral gyne in left chest

Offline soccerplaya

• Bronze Member
hmm... its still tender even after 4 or 5 years? I think that means its still developing or whatever.

I had that start in both of em when i was 11 and I got puffy nipples.... but the tenderness stopped about a year or two ago, im 16 now.

Im not really an expert about whether it will go away or not, its kinda weird that only one of them would grow and the other would stay perfectly fine.

Offline SOAD

• Posting Member
Yep, still tender.

Offline Testing_Andractim

• Bronze Member
Gyne doesn't usually go away on it's own.  People have tried thousands of things to try and reduce the size of gyne lumps, but nothing works.  Surgery is your best bet.

Offline SOAD

• Posting Member
"In adolescent boys, 90% of such cases the symptoms disappear in a matter of months to a few years at most." Source: Wikipedia.

So I categorically have no chance of this happening? I'm prepared to save up for surgery when I can be certain it won't go away on its own. It would obviously be a huge waste of money if it would actually go away on its own.

Christ, will be a lot of money. I better get into a good career.

Offline Testing_Andractim

• Bronze Member
You're 18.  That's not adolescent...

Offline SOAD

• Posting Member
Adolescence is the transitional stage of development between childhood and full adulthood (gender-specific manhood, or womanhood), representing the period of time during which a person is biologically adult but emotionally not at full maturity. The ages which are considered to be part of adolescence vary by culture. In the United States, adolescence is generally considered to begin around age 12-13, and end at 19-20. By contrast, the World Health Organization (WHO) defines adolescence as the period of life between 10 and 20 years of age.

Offline joeynobody

• Posting Member
Hey SOAD

im in pretty much the exact same situation as you are: 18...in fit physical shape (ive played soccer for 12 years)...only difference is that i have gynecomastia on both my left and right breasts, and its not tender anymore (stopped at around 15)...i think the tenderness means its still developing...like someone else has already said...but at age 18, chances are that its there to stay.

Offline soccerplaya

• Bronze Member
"In adolescent boys, 90% of such cases the symptoms disappear in a matter of months to a few years at most." Source: Wikipedia.

So I categorically have no chance of this happening? I'm prepared to save up for surgery when I can be certain it won't go away on its own. It would obviously be a huge waste of money if it would actually go away on its own.

Christ, will be a lot of money. I better get into a good

career.

Yeah I dont buy that 90%......  maybe there are alot of people with a very small amount of gyne who have it for maybe a year. but I dont think very many guys who have it for more than 2 years will see it go bye bye.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024