Author Topic: Swelling Fluid  (Read 3217 times)

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
If the swelling fluid is left in there, and no suctioned out or drained out, will it just get absorbed back into the body? I know I have swelling, but I don't know if theres any of that fluid stuff you guys talk about.

Vaio
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Yes. I always thought the fluid would get absorbed and the swelling would go down. The purpose of the "suctioning" and/or drains is to get that fluid out of that area quicker so the swelling reduces faster.  I don't guess drains are medically necessary, but they do allow the fluid to escape the surgical area and therefore speed up recovery.  Maybe one of the Dr.'s will confirm this.  :)

Offline JTZ

• Bronze Member
If the swelling fluid is left in there, and no suctioned out or drained out, will it just get absorbed back into the body? I know I have swelling, but I don't know if theres any of that fluid stuff you guys talk about.

Yes, it will get absorbed and go away...just takes a little while.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Vaio

Press on your chest lightly and if you hear a bit of a 'sloshing' sound, then yes you have some fluid in there. I had some but it didn't take very long to get absorbed. ;)
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
bambu,
swelling in that right side about even with the left yet?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
jc....

Yes, all the swelling and most of the bruising is gone now :). There is a little bit more fatty tissue on the right side than the left. Hopefully this will go as I loose a few more lbs.  :P

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024