Author Topic: Side affect from Advicor what can I do?  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Needhelp

• Posting Member
I have gynecomastia on my left breast. Seems I picked it up from Advicor.

I know its not common but Im pretty sure the thick tissue that has build around the left nipple was caused by the medication. It is listed as a advicor side affect.

I had a doctor visit today and he never heard of this happening. He is calling to get answers but im double checking out things

Does anyone know what the treatment may be to reduce tissue and pain in this area.. Much Thanks
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 12:10:29 PM by Needhelp »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it's more complicated when it's a medical side effect.  if you were able to drop the advicor or find an alternative you might get lucky, especially if the company is willing to provide advice, which i doubt since most of them don't want to say much that could be interpreted as a legal liability, even with disclaimers.  unfortunately if gyne stays, there is no treatment except for removal, assuming that the cause, medication or otherwise, is gone, or it could return.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Do you mean AVACOR?

Hair regrowth products target Dihydrotesterone, and Gynecomastia is one of the possible side effects.

The claim is that side effects are rare. I believe that the side effects are under-reported.

We get frequent reports of Gynecomastia after using Propecia (Finasteride) But I'm not too sure about Avacor.

Grandpa Dan

Offline Needhelp

• Posting Member
The product is Advicor and it's designed to reduce triglycerides at least for me.

I've called the company and they admit it has side affects relating to gynecomastia in rare cases but will not give advice to how to get rid of it. They say consult your doctor which I have and he did not know what to do. He is calling the company though but I'm not expecting much help.

Thanks for you help so far.

Offline Needhelp

• Posting Member
Advicor has nothing to do with hair loss. You have my post mixed up with someone else.

Advicor is used to reduce trygicerides and cholesterole.

In any case I've stopped taking the medication. I'm just hoping I havent done damage to other organs in my body which has caused the gyno.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024