Author Topic: Are we at a disadvantage?  (Read 2760 times)

Offline revolver

• Posting Member
Since the breats have formed due to an increase in level of estrogen, I have a few questions.

1. Are we less qualified as men?
2. Are we at a physical disadvantage when compared to people without gynemostia due to the excess estrogen?
3. Do we constantly have that high level of estrogen? Or will it later balance out?
4. Are there any famous men with gynecomastia?
4. How easy is gynecomastia to notice? I have just a gland, some chest muscle from working out and sports, and no fat around the gland really at all, but there is still a gland there. So how easy would someone notice my gyne (its on the left side only)?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 03:33:28 PM by revolver »

Offline revolver

• Posting Member
Can someone respond to this or what? its had over 50 views and no one wants to respond.

Offline 808gyno

• Posting Member
  • Upon further review, I'm not as cool as I thought.
1. Are we less qualified as men?

If you feel that you are less qualified, then you are.

2. Are we at a physical disadvantage when compared to people without gynemostia due to the excess estrogen?

I excel at my sport of outrigger canoe racing while many other men without gyno may feel like passing out after negotiating a flight of stairs.

3. Do we constantly have that high level of estrogen? Or will it later balance out?

It reaches homeostasis in many men, but not everyone.

I don't know, nor is it of concern to me.  If Brad Pitt had gyno it would make me feel no better about my own.

4. How easy is gynecomastia to notice? I have just a gland, some chest muscle from working out and sports, and no fat around the gland really at all, but there is still a gland there. So how easy would someone notice my gyne (its on the left side only)?

It would be easier to notice if the left was significantly different from the right.  Aside from that you'd have to post pictures to get opinions.

Offline Hypo-is-here

Since the breats have formed due to an increase in level of estrogen, I have a few questions.

1.      Are we less qualified as men?

Our gender is male, what do you mean though, less qualified for what?

2.      Are we at a physical disadvantage when compared to people without gynemostia due to the excess estrogen?

Are we at a physical disadvantage for what, what do you mean by your question, you must have something in mind?

Clearly a man with gynecomastia is at less physical disadvantage when it comes to running the 100 meters than a man with a sore foot.

So what disadvantage do you think a man with gynecomastia has?

The only disadvantage that most men with gynecomastia have is in their own minds- poor self image can be a straightjacket.  

Some are unfortunate to have underlying conditions that cause the gynecomastia that cause other problems- hence the need for all men with gynecomastia to have their hormones/health checked by an endocrinologist.

3.      Do we constantly have that high level of estrogen? Or will it later balance out?

There are so many variables regarding this condition, but certainly we do not all have high estrogen.  A hormonal imbalance causes gynecomastia and that can be a temporary one- such as puberty or a more permanent one such as hypogonadism.  If the cause is pubertal then hormones will balance themselves, but gynecomastia might remain when the imbalance has gone.

I have no idea- who cares?  I think the whole celebrity culture and pursuit of fame is a pathetic sad shallow disease.

From your description I have no idea if your gynecomastia is noticeable or not.  How noticeable gynecomastia is depends upon how significant it is, what cloths you wear, how self conscious you are, whether or not people are clued up on the condition etc

You must have an idea as to whether people notice it or not from their demeanor…you know more than anyone if people notice your gynecomastia or not…so this question must be a little rhetorical?

I sure what you can do with my answers- but I have posted.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 02:05:44 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline revolver

• Posting Member
Thanks for your replies. Ill have to admit Im usually not self consciuos about anything but this gynecomastia thing is rather new to me. It wasnt too long ago that I started finding out what it was and really taking notice and care to me having it.  Before I just thought it was some cancerous tumor I'd have to get removed.

-Keep replies coming, thanks.

Offline itsgoingdown

• Posting Member
The fact I have learned during these few years with this condition due to hormonal imbalance is that if you pay more attention to it than it should have, people will notice it more.

I can say almost every single case of gyne is noticed under for example a t-shirt. But the question is do people care if you have gyne...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024