Author Topic: Overall post surgery - Success or failure?  (Read 5759 times)

Offline mizuno

• Gold Member
Just wondering after surgery how would most people rate the success of their surgery? I'm talking like 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, etc..
I know that you have to take care of yourself but when gaingin weight did it come back in the same spot?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
On the surface, it would seem that there are a significant number of people who were less than thrilled with the outcome of their surgery.

While there is good justification in some cases, I think that some people may have had unrealistic expectations which is the cause of their displeasure with the result.

Then too, there are those who experience regrowth after surgery. Again, I think that this represents a small minority.

Most of the time, the surgery is a success and the results are permanent.
Grandpa Dan

Offline thatguy

• Bronze Member
do people with milder cases tend to be less happy 'cause they don't see much results or is it the other way around

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I had a severe case and I'm thrilled with my results so far.  I may have a revision at some point to fine tune things a bit, but the difference is amazing.   I paid the surgeon to make my chest look less like a woman's and that's where my expectations were.  I feel like I got my money's worth so far.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I had a severe case and I'm thrilled with my results so far.  I may have a revision at some point to fine tune things a bit, but the difference is amazing.   I paid the surgeon to make my chest look less like a woman's and that's where my expectations were.  I feel like I got my money's worth so far.

Same here...

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
on a scale from 1 to 10 im 10. u have a good point there. i think that men with severe gyno is more happy with the result becouse there case was so bad and the result after surgery become so mutch bigger than a guy with mild case.
i finally feel like im a man

Offline Grandpa Bambu

However, we are all aiming for the same result dude... a flat chest. If the guy with a severe case got his gyne reduced to what is considered a minor case, guaranteed he would still feel self-concious about his chest. Yes?

John.

Offline flex1appeal

I am very pleased myself. Though it hasn't been a year I can't answer yet how I will feel 2,5, or even 10 years down the line. As of now I am a 10 on happiness.

flex

Offline 808gyno

• Posting Member
  • Upon further review, I'm not as cool as I thought.
On a scale of 1-10, I would rate my urge to kick the crap out of my chickencrap PS an 8.  Ultrasonic Assisted Lipo does NOTHING for glandular gyne.  Sure wish that the practicioners would quit preaching that b.s.

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
I was  -10 after my first surgery........ I was a -2 after my second surgery ..... and so far I am a 4 or 5 but am still healing and have a fairly good size indent on my right side that when flexed makes my nipple almost disappear  :-\      But I kind of expected that a little cause I have a very big/thick chest... have been weight training for over 15 years now....

hopefully in 2 months ill be a 9-10      ::)

Rob
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 12:36:18 AM by rocketrob »

Offline BigDub

7 years post op.  I'm about a 5.  Right side is o.k., left is horrible.  I'm lopsided.  Considering a revision.  I noticed the uneveness(sp?) immediately.  My PS said it was just more swollen.  A couple of weeks later he moved.  Needless to say I didn't get a chance to address this with him. 

Just like everyone else, I'm living with it but it sucks!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

A couple of weeks later he moved.  Needless to say I didn't get a chance to address this with him. 

Dude.... you should have hunted him down.

JP

Offline gyne_muckup

Complete and utter failure for me. Im no better off than i was 4 years ago when i had the op.

Im trying to get a pictre online to show why, you can read my story in the other section of the forum.

Offline PeterBateman

• Gold Member
flex, ur second surgery result have been the best i've seen so far.  seems like ur surgeon took out most, if not, all the unwanted breast tissue and made ur chest look toned and flat as heck.  why is it though, that some patients don't get the same results even with the most experienced surgeon in this case ? when one goes for a consultation with a ps, does the ps give u the option of how flat u want ur chest to be, or, how much breast tissue to remove ? working as registered nurse for 5 yrs now, i've noticed that, ironically, some of the best results i've seen is with women who has had a mastectomy lol.  if u haven't seen how it looks like, it looks FLAT and even caved in at most.  i mean, the surgeon takes out everything, fat, gland, lyph nodes, the whole nine yards. 

i agree..this should be an issue at your first consult... i have my revision in 2 weeks, and i want F L A T.  Im going in asking for it...i want a 'pinch' test over my whole chest area...pinch skin and nothing else.  my PS's website advises he goes for a 'natural' look, which I think means not skin on muscle, but I dont want a third surgery...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 08:44:22 PM by PeterBateman »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024