Author Topic: hanging underarm skin aftr surgery  (Read 1741 times)

Offline rich19007

• Posting Member
I had lipo and excision and am 6 days post op.  I have not seen my chest yet and have had the bandages and compression vest on since surgery.  I was told not to take it off; the doctor will take it off at my post op appointment on the 31st of january. I am a little concerned about what my underarms look like.  There were incisions made in my nipple and my underarm.  I have hanging, ugly skin where the doc made the incision in the underarm. Is this a normal thing?  Also, the doc said he was probably going to use drains but when he operated, he said I did not need them, that I was dry, whatever that meant.   I really hope when i see my chest all of the puffiness is gone, because I think I feel a little still on my left nipple where it was the worst.  I'll go nuts if I went through all of this and I still have some fo that crap on my, but the doctor did say he got in there deep, so I'll have to wait and see.  What about the underarm skin though?

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
If you are young and not a lot was removed......you will be fine.... skin will retract

also maybe the tight bandages on your chest making it feel like the skin is pushed out to the sides

be cool... I am sure its nothing

Offline flex1appeal

If I am not mistaking you for someone else you are/were a bodybuilder like I was? If so I am assuming you were previously in good shape skin/muscle wise? Also, add in the age factor and I think you will be more than fine over a few months time. I saw a little loose skin under my left pec after surgery which was my worse side. It is tightening up now that I am back in the gym and also now that I am 2.5 months post op. I think by 4-6 months post op I'll be looking great with regards to the lose skin issue. But the puffiness is gone and cannot tell in a shirt. I have a small small amount of scar tissue remaining but it is just about gone. Maybe another month and that won't be an issue either. Hope my situations sheds some hope for you.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024