Author Topic: what to tell friends/relatives  (Read 2163 times)

Offline newman55

• Posting Member
I am not going to tell friends/relatives what i am having done.
What operation can i say i had done instead?

Offline outertrial

Something general like a muscle injury or torn ligament in your shoulder perhaps.  They wont be unduly worried over that and itll explain the compression vest and lack of mobility after as well.

Its better living in the light though bro, isnt there anyone you can tell, at least to go to the hospital with you?

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
tell them that its personal

also you can say that youve discovered lumps on your chest and they are going to get removed  :o
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline Miggsy

• Posting Member
How long could you get away without being "seen" by anyone before they start to get suspicious?

I told only my girlfriend and my closest friend. I have alwasy found it so embarrassing that I didn't want anyone to know. With some careful planning of dates (I had my op on a Friday for instance) I was able to work from home for the next week. By the time you get past 7 days (I was with Levick BTW) you are into vests that can be pretty successfully hidden under shirts etc - by which time you can say you got hit by a golf ball, worked out too hard down the gym - whatever flights of fancy come to mind  ;D

I have to say though - having my girlfriend with me for the op was the best thing I could have done. It was great having her there, she was hugely supportive, took great care of me, and it was just good to have a friendly trusted face in the room after you come round.

I have total respect for those guys that do it on their own - fair play to them!

Miggsy

Offline outertrial

Second that , it was great having my wife there.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024