Author Topic: Chance??  (Read 2887 times)

Offline Layzie

• Posting Member
 I have gynecomastia which really bothers me. I have it on both sides but you can only notice it on the left but the right hurts like a B**** if it gets touched. Im 16 and have seen my doctor about it who told me it would eventually go away. What are the real chances it will go away without surgery??

Offline Layzie

• Posting Member
 BTW, im not overweight or anything. 5'11 140 lbs.

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member
Doctors are so fucking stupid it's amazing..

My doctor also said mine would go away a couple weeks ago..

When I've had it since I was like 14 and now I'm 19..

Don't listen to your stupid doctor..

Offline Layzie

• Posting Member
Well what is the percentile range of it actually going away?

Offline moobius

• Gold Member

i agree...

my advice: find a doc who knows wtf he's talking about

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member
Well what is the percentile range of it actually going away?

It can't go away if it's Gyne

Offline nomore

• Posting Member
90 percent chance per two years is as good figure, but it takes no case-by-case variables into it, only the recorded number of boys who brought itu p and the number who didn't care after two years.

That statistic is supposed to mean that 10% of gynecomastia will never go away, I'm sure, but my doctor thinks my chances of retaining gynecomastia are declining exponentially. "All these years and it's still there? Then SURELY it will go away in another two."

in my case, it's been 8 years so that's ten percent times itself for each of the two year periods.... 0.1^4..... so there's about a one ten-thousandth of a percent chance that it'll go away for me, according to what my doctor said. I told him that, but as hux said, doctors are so fucking stupid it's amazing. I think there should be an additional secton on the MCAT that ensures doctors are capable of understanding 6th grade math. Mine sure can't, even though he's the one who gave me the statistic...

So really, it depends on how long you've had it. If you told your doctor that you have it and it's painful and that it's bothering you, then he's a moron and you need to go see one who knows that his job is to see to it that medical conditions causing pain or harm are resolved.

Best of luck to you.

Offline buble

• Bronze Member

Mine told me it would go away when I first expressed my concern when i was 14 (and MANY times after that).  I learned about surgery myself when I was 28, and after doing a LOT of research on my own, I convinced myself to get the surgery and get it dealt with once and for all at age 30.  I'm so glad I got it done, and I would advise you to do the same.
Surgery Date: Jan 9, 2007
Dr. H. Ukani, Vancouver, BC
Pre/post pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gynecomastia/

Offline Hux

• Bronze Member

Mine told me it would go away when I first expressed my concern when i was 14 (and MANY times after that).  I learned about surgery myself when I was 28, and after doing a LOT of research on my own, I convinced myself to get the surgery and get it dealt with once and for all at age 30.  I'm so glad I got it done, and I would advise you to do the same.

Exactly..
Doctors are totally uneducated in the field when it comes to gyne.
Don't listen to them.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024