Author Topic: 2 weeks  post-op yo! (+some questions)  (Read 5064 times)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
...so I had surgery yesterday...
been a long wait but Ive done it finally

chest is real fucking sore and tight, seriously compressed too, so I havent seen what it looks like yet.

will keep you all informed asap

any tips or advice....?

right now the hardest thing I am finding is to get into and out of bed.. sitting on a chair feels fine, but getting into and up from a lying position is a real bitch!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 10:15:54 PM by tonysoprano »
... and the saga continues

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
I think the only advice right now would be to get plenty of rest and follow whatever instructions your PS has given/gives/will give you.

Good luck
etc.

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Yeah, getting out of bed was a biatch. Its gonna be a biatch for at least 1 week. You need to just keep very tight compression on the chest. Sleep on an elevated surface if you can. Its very uncomfortable but it helps for the first few days, to keep the swelling down. You want to just relax. Drink alot of juice. and sleep. I put ice on my chest also. Don't try to move around too much or streatch.

$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
cheers for that advice

1 thing is this really tight vest thing Im wearing goes down to my stomach too , and really feels v. tight after I eat anything- im feeling really bloated in the stomach, especially after I haVE EATEN.. anything I can do or eat to reduce this?

only eaten fruit,veges, soup and yoghurt so far

Offline JTZ

• Bronze Member
Just wait until you have to poop and you try to wipe. That's the worst part of it all.  :-/

Offline downsbs

• Posting Member
Who did your surgery, how much was it?

T
I got one sweet breast.  Grrrr.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
when you finally get to see it, remember that's not the final result.  It'll look better in time.

theweeninjaguy

only comment i can make is to pat you on the back and say well done!!

bet your'e looking forward to summer now eh??

ninja ;D

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
thanks for all the tips guys

yeh.. wiping after taking a dump is quite a big challenge..

Its still quite painful if I accidentally do something that involuntarily forces my chest muscles to flex. (like sitting up from my bed, opening the fridge, scratching my back,etc)

one thing that scares me a little is that I keep getting these weird little cold,quivering sensations along the sides of my torso, and where my nips are. anyone else get these? I suspect it could be due to manipulation /disturbance of nerves during surgery. anyone else know  what im referring to?

other than that - I have seen it when I had my first (and so far only shower , yesterday), and while around the nipples is still kinda scabby and sore, and the chest seems pretty swollen... the overall profile looks quite impressive, and figure that its still too early to really comment on the job that was done.

unfortunately I have no pics, but will be sure to post some as soon as i can..

props to everyone for all the support, and dont wqorry I wont be going anywhere for a while still...

Offline vaio

The cold feeling you are talking about I think is swelling. I noticed when I sat up real straight (w/ the compression vest on of course) I felt cold fluid move down away from my chest down my sides.

theweeninjaguy

do you not have a drain in?

i had a drain for the fluid to come out of?

well i did followig hte first op - no drain on the second one and it just stayed there for ages.

ninja ;D

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Hey guys..

2 weeks to the hour right now since I had my surgery. (excision+ liposculpture of a "mild" case)

am yet to leave my house still, still havent driven. Have only been sleeping on my back and showering every other day.won't go back to work for another week because I am just having too much of a relaxing time at home watching movies and reading and doing nothing,plus  I still find it difficult to strecth for things,wipe me arse, bend,raise my arms etc.

Only once my vest comes off for an hour every second day to shower do my arms and shoulders feel slightly more mobile and a bit looser. The vest is seriously tighter than I ever expected, but Im supposed to be downgrading to 12 hours a day anytime between now and next tues (when I see my ps for my 3 week follow-up) , though I think Ill stick out the vest full-time for another few days. then I guess it'll be 12 hrs a day or so, for the following 2-3 weeks.

When I shower my chest seems to look pretty good, still with some minor yellowy bruising, and possibly swelling (cant really tell how much swelling)

but I have some important questions:

A. Is it too early to judge whether I have a slight assymetary on one side? do I need to wait longer, or for swelling to go down SOME MORE, IF THERE IS SWELLING?

B. how long until skin begins to shrink after having Lipo, and how long will it continue to shrink for? Can I expect  even less fat then now, in another few weeks?

C. the bottom of my left aerola is flat, and has a thin flat scab where the incision was , but the top half has a "blob" of  aerola skin, which appears as a small blob/lump/mound of skin on the exterior of an otherwise flat aerola ... will this eventually become flat like the rest of the aerola ( so it will match my perfectly flat right nipple?), and how long might this take. ?

and what can my ps do, in the case where in a few months time this blob of skin is still present? (its about 1/4 of the size of the aerola's circumference?
Has anyone else experienced this, and did it resolve eventually?

cheers
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005, 10:13:44 PM by tonysoprano »

Offline vaio

Its too soon. 2 weeks is nothing. Wait at least 4 weeks before worrying.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!

I know its still too early but from seeing photos of other people here...especially some that appear to have a similar build and case of pre-op gyne to me (eg: doddy).. it just seems that his post-op pics show what can be described as a very flat chest, wheres mine 2 weeks later has that sculpted, "I have big pecs from doing bench", Survivor-contestant shape to it, on someone who is otherwise very unmuscular and  just plain skinny...like myself

I dont know..

would still appreciate aome answers to these 3 burning questions.. even if it is a bit too early, andf even if the incoming answers are rather speculative..

at leat for peace of mind..

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Your chest just went through a lot.  It may just be swollen.  It would be nice if you posted pics, so we could see what you're talking about.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 01:57:40 AM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024