Author Topic: Surgery Was Today!  (Read 1675 times)

Offline bobjohnson

• Posting Member
Good afternoon,

I have been looking through this site for a few months now as a passive observer just taking in the lessons for possibly having surgery. Well, I had surgery today and I am still alive!

For years I have been battling 'how' to solve my problem without surgery. I finally got frustrated, located the highest qualified Doctor I could and booked the surgery. I guess we'll see it all turns out in a week or so.

I am about 10 hours post-op and somewhat sore. Most of the pain though seems to be from the bandage tape and the compression vest. The hospital gave me a pain pill about 9:30 am but I haven’t taken any more since.

The worst part of this whole experience so far has been the anxiety leading up to surgery. The actual process was not so bad… everyone was pleasant and informative through the process.

I will try to log in and share my experience with everyone since I have benefited from others experiences.

Offline Jordan23

• Posting Member
Cool dude rock on. Hope the recovery process goes well and welcome to a new life! Keep us posted!

Offline bobjohnson

• Posting Member
Thank you for the positive feedback! I am optomistic that the recovery will go smooth and the results will be good. I had reasonable expectations going into this, not expecting perfection but would be satisfied with a big improvement.

I have not looked under the vest yet, the Dr. told me to come in Thursday and he will remove the bandages himself. So hopefull tommorow I can get a glimps at the results.

I slept ok last night, felt dirty and in need of a shower... but I don't get one for antother day. This is an issue for me as I love my showers!

Most of the discomfort continues to be with the tape under the vest. So far very managable but today I will take Tylenol to help with some comfort.

My Dr. is Martin O'Toole in Pasadena California. He does a lot of different procedures gyno is just one of them... but he has been practicing for 20 years with many cradentails. So I went with him.

I will post pics soon, I should have some 'after' pics Thursday evening to share. Not sure how to post them yet. But I will get them online to share.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024