Author Topic: what kind of diagnostic procedures are required?  (Read 3335 times)

Offline bigboss

I believe I have a mild case of gyne, never paid much attention to it until recently. I've been working out a lot and it hasn't declined much, so I read up on it and I seem to have the rubbery glands that tell of gyne.

If I were to have surgery done, it would be with fielding or lista since I reside in the GTA. But I'm wondering, what kind of tests are administered? I don't know how comfortable I am with getting bloodwork and such.

Any help or personal stories would be appreciated.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
How old are you and for how long have you had gynecomastia?

Not sure about Lista, but when I went to JCF, there were no blood tests done. However, that may be a result of my age and how long that I had it for...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline bigboss

I'm 20. I've had these for as long as I can remember, but they haven't started bothering me until recently.

I'll probably go with fielding also if I decide to get it done... since I can feel the glands and they are what worry me the most. Fat I can get rid of myself.

Thanks for the info.

Offline Karu

• Posting Member
I'm 20 also and just had my surgery done. I didn't have any bloodwork done when I went to Fielding.

Offline Geoffram

• Posting Member
Lista's diagnostic procedure was to look at me shirtless and say, "Yep, that's gynecomastia". Prior to the surgery I had to get bloodwork taken at a clinic, but I believe this a standard precaution before any surgery - JCF probably did the same.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Fat I can get rid of myself.

Chest fat can be very difficult to loose. Sometimes almost impossible...

Think about it... We are talking Gynecomastia here, not just some 'excess' fat. Have you not seen very skinny girls with big, full breasts? Lots of them at the gym...  Yes, I know what you are going to say... some of them are fake. However, I'm sure not all!

I dropped down to 148 lbs. (standing @ 6') at one time in an effort to loose the m(o)(o)bs. Sure they were a tad smaller, but they did not completely go away...  :-\

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024