Author Topic: 18 days post op. Compression vest??  (Read 2642 times)

Offline snipriza

I am still wearing my stage 1 compression vest 24/7. Is this ok or should i give it time off? Also my right nipple is still scabbed up pretty good... this happen to anyone else? Basically the scab on my nipple matches the incision scab/scar under the areolas.

Last thing... I am an avid weight lifter and I wanna hit the gym asap, any advice on a time frame when I can return to lifting muscle groups other than chest... and then how long until lifting chest is ok?

Offline KryptoKnight

• Silver Member
  • surgery worth every penny
The tip of my nip is a little scabbed as well, but I don't think it's anything to worry about.  Like any normal scab, it'll heal.

As for lifting, avg is about 4-6 weeks. 

I've heard you can start lifting pretty soon after, as long as it's not chest.  For me, I'd feel weird trying to avoid my chest so I'ma wait the full time and just start up again.

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
I was told to wear a compression vest 24-7 for 3 weeks then it is okay to SLOWLY start back at weight lifting. He said to keep the vest as I may experience swelling after workouts and putting the vest back on for 2-3 hours would help.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024