Author Topic: Alternative to mammogram  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Mike12345

• Posting Member
Did anyone here use an alternative such as thermogram or radio wave test? After seeing all the cancer evidence of mammograms, I'd rather not take that risk as I only have minor gyno and I'm still on the fence about getting it done. I just want to get the initial test done so I've got the option open.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I finally had a mammogram done a few months ago and besides a rude female technician it was not a problem.  They said there was no cancer and that I did indeed has gynecomastia.  No surprise there.  But there is nothing to worry about in having one done.  Depending on your size you might feel a little pressure as they to their thing but other than that nothing and the radiation level is so low that it will not affect you at all.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
When I was going through the NHS they took a biopsy. I must admit this was bloody painful and bruised the area. I gave up with the NHS and went to Mr Vijh and had the operation last Monday. I must admit I wish I did this 2/3 years ago when he started to do the operation via the armpit area. My advice is not to leave it too long, mine kept growing over 10 years so I would advise to hit it when it's smaller, recovery would be easier.

Offline Mike12345

• Posting Member
Cheers for the replies guys. I didn't get a notification and I'm not very active here.

Offline stevey

• Posting Member
Hi I see this is an old thread, but thought I would pass on my experience in case anyone reads it.  I had a mammogram a few weeks ago.  I was pretty nervous as my nipples really hurt when pressed.

I told the radiographer and she was very nice.  She sked her to tell me if the pain was too much.  As it turned out, it didn't hurt at all which was pleasing.  The results were gyne, not cancer which was brilliant.

On time scales, I rang 111 with breast lumps and got a GP appointment the same day and a meet with the consultant after a week, followed by a mammogram a couple of weeks later.  all pretty fast and I was impressed.  The radiographer told me I would get a letter within a week.  Unfortunately, the wait for the results to be looked at was quite long and it took 2 months to get them.  After a bit of pushing, I got them by email.

Cheers

Steve

Brdy64

I have had them every year for years, I have had no ill effects from a mammogram other that the embarrassment of disrobing in front of someone.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024