Author Topic: Can Gyno Surgery DQ Me From Joining the Military?  (Read 4234 times)

Offline gul94

• Posting Member
Okay so right out of High School i expected that i was going to go straight into the Air Force. I learned that i was too heavy and had to drop around 30 lbs. A year later and 50 lbs lighter with the same intentions of joining i decided to have gyno surgery before enlisting. I just had it July 18, and three weeks post op the doc said i can go on living anormal life. Thing is I am now terryfied that this might disqualify me. Im am very healthy, no asthma, broken bones, never really been in hospitles except for the shots required for achool and the gyno situation. I do wear glasses, that i only wear to drive or if im in class tsking notes. I really want to join but dont want to talk to the recruiter just yet because im studying for the ASVAB and want to recover just a bit more. Has anyone been in this situation or do you know if this is a automatic DQ? I heard i might need to wait six months but i rwally cant see myself doing that, my parents are pressuring me to do something in my life like go to school, but i spent all my savings, and i dont want to go back to my dishwashing job.

hammer

It won't DQ you, but you want to be totally healed before signing up! I'm not sure that you should keep the fact that you had the surgery from the recruiter. My daughter is in "A" with the Navy and they get very upset now days if you hold back anything and something comes up later, besides we have had members here on the forum on active duty have the surgery done by the military! My daughter had nothing to hide of coarse.

I'm a Navy vet and go to the VA for my medical. Even though the active duty guys have gotten the surgery done by the military, the VA doesn't do it.

Bob

P.S. thanks for wanting to serve!

Offline gul94

• Posting Member
Thank you Mr. Bob, ive been stressing about it latley. I really hope im able to serve. And thank you as well for serving our country, and also being a member of this forum to help others.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024