Author Topic: Being in shape vs over weight  (Read 7587 times)

Offline Swim

• Posting Member
I've been told that surgery will not just be something I am allowed to get even with all the money saved up. Apparently its recommended that before taking surgery like this or lipo its important to be as fit as can be and me being on the heavy side would be too dangerous to get this done till I lost a lot of weight. Or at least this is what a doctor would tell me as told by my parents when the topic of surgery came up. What is your take? Is this true? If it is then what an idea!! Lose weight THEN get lipo. Is this one of those things like wash the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher?? Because if I know healthy its not 4 pounds of giggly flesh pulling the meat off my damn rip cage.

Losing weight is hard enough, and it’s a lot worse with painful and embarrassing gyne. I can't even jog without pulling my shirt forward and I don’t want to get caught wearing a bra cuz they are most certainly seeable through a T-shirt.

go to :

Johnstonefitness.com

this might inspire you, and look in the forums.  There a wealth of information there including how to have a healthy diet and safely lose weight.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Hi I used to be overweight with gyne. I have just been exercising for one month and I have noticed an improvement generally everwhere.
when I was overweight I hated my entire body, but now I am still not happy with my chest but everywhere else looks much better. My chest is not  more prominent if anything it looks better with my clothes on anyway.I'd much rather look normal in my clothes and have a but of a problem with my clothes off than have a problem that is noticeable with my clothes on.
Plus when you are overweight your sex life suffers as I found a certain part of my body worked much better when I lost the weight.So yes imo in shape is better.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I've been told that surgery will not just be something I am allowed to get even with all the money saved up. Apparently its recommended that before taking surgery like this or lipo its important to be as fit as can be and me being on the heavy side would be too dangerous to get this done till I lost a lot of weight. Or at least this is what a doctor would tell me as told by my parents when the topic of surgery came up. What is your take? Is this true? If it is then what an idea!! Lose weight THEN get lipo. Is this one of those things like wash the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher?? Because if I know healthy its not 4 pounds of giggly flesh pulling the meat off my damn rip cage.

Losing weight is hard enough, and it’s a lot worse with painful and embarrassing gyne. I can't even jog without pulling my shirt forward and I don’t want to get caught wearing a bra cuz they are most certainly seeable through a T-shirt.

Get an Underworks 997 or 990 to wear when you run. You can't see it under a shirt and your moobs will not jiggle while running.

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
Badgene:

I'm pretty certain this is NOT the case.... so long as you are not morbidly obese you should be able to get the surgery... but it is preferable to be closer to your ideal weight.

Your parents probably spoke to a regular GP who doesn't know much about gynecomastia, and just thinks it will go away with weight loss. Go see a real plastic surgeon and see what they say.

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
ok I will try those things, thanks for all the advice

Offline tomorrow

• Posting Member
I have been skinny all my life. In fact my gyne started showing up during college. After college I moved out West and was very poor for a while so continued to eat the right foods, just not much of them. My weight was way down but the gyne continued. I have never been overweight in my life. I work out/ do cardio 5-6 days a week and have put on muscle while losing body fat. My gyne hasn't gone away at all. I'm not talking puffy nipples either I'm talking full on man boobs. I wear loose shirts. I'm not going to say that being overweight is better with gyne but at least if I was overweight I'd have an excuse. "He's just fat so thats why he has man boobs." When you're skinny it really doesn't look right. It makes no sense to other people. This I'm assuming. Thats not to say I'd prefer to be overweight. I enjoy staying in shape. My hormone tests have all come back fine. Plus my liver and kidneys are in great shape.

mikeyfive0

I weighed about 170lbs 2 years ago and my gyno was very noticeable. Now I weigh 240lbs and its not quite as noticeable. But now Im fat! Not much of a trade off...Id much rather be in shape and wear some underarmour!

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
I weighed about 170lbs 2 years ago and my gyno was very noticeable. Now I weigh 240lbs and its not quite as noticeable. But now Im fat! Not much of a trade off...Id much rather be in shape and wear some underarmour!

Yeah... I would have to say I change my reply to the fat side being worse. At least if you’re in shape you can just get it done with once you get the money. Otherwise you got to wait forever and try to lose as much weight as possible before they just let you have it. Gee... lose weight all by yourself THEN come back to pay thousands of dollars to get rid of the fat what a great idea!! Had to hear it for myself from a plastic surgeon before I would believe all those health experts or my dietitian  :P :P :P

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024