Author Topic: Testosterone therapy  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Jimster39

For me it's not the right thing I don't judge other people even though I am a Christian

Offline Jimster39

I have gyno symptoms need to know if I should keep taking testosterone replacement therapy testosterone is low they say my estrogen is low also so I don't know which way to go whether to stop or keep taking the injections

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I have gyno symptoms need to know if I should keep taking testosterone replacement therapy testosterone is low they say my estrogen is low also so I don't know which way to go whether to stop or keep taking the injections

Hi Jimster, 

I've been on TRT since 2000.  My body is not real stable and deficiencies can decrease testosterone so when I make changes in vitamins, I have to get a testosterone test.  I have had gynecomastia for 57 years, essentially unchanged except for fat and edema changes.  I have had a lot of help from testosterone in energy, mood, restoration of atrophied muscles, sexual functioning and other effects.  There are drugs that can stop the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, if that is happening too much for you and causing your breasts to grow.  And honestly, at this point feeling better is a whole lot more important to me than potential changes in breast size even though there has been no growth in 50+ years.  Good luck.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
This is a double edged sword.  We hear accounts of people who have very low Testosterone that swear by it as saving them.  Then there are others who have excess testosterone that is the cause of their Gynecomastia.   I think the problem is failing to adequately monitor the use of testosterone in some people. 
Regulation of the reproductive hormones is not a good choice for a DIY project.   If that needs to be done, you should be monitored by an Endocrinologist.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member

Jimster,

My internist checks it out every three months with a test.  Also, my hemematocrit  is affected by B-6 and P5P.  I had to cut back on that when my testosterone went up increasing my hemematocrit  due to a serum increase of copper as I was attempting to correct a deficiency.  So it is something that can cause problems if you are not getting things tested and at proper range, for YOU.   However, as it appears to help my general health and ability to heal, and maintain muscle mass. and at this point stopping testosterone would be like being castrated and we know what that can do with breasts.  Just ask Hammer.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I believe your choice of words is incorrect.   I have Gynecomastia, but I never had any symptoms.  "Symptoms" may be the wrong word to use.   What symptoms did you have?  Fever, Generalized aches and pains?   changes in your pulse or blood pressure?  Dizziness?
It is a condition that, in itself is harmless.  and in most cases, produces only localized tissue expansion with no symptoms. 
The problem, and it can really be nasty, is the Psychological impact this can have on a man.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
"I have gyno symptoms need to know if I should keep taking testosterone replacement therapy testosterone is low they say my estrogen is low also so I don't know which way to go whether to stop or keep taking the injections"
Iimster
What gyno symptoms?  Other than the fact of it's existence it rarely has "symptoms" though low testosterone, high testosterone or high estrogen can cause lots of symptoms.  Some men have discomfort while they are growing or if their breasts are very large.  What ongoing symptoims are you talking about.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024