Author Topic: Very very confused... Help  (Read 1817 times)

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
Hello,

i had my lipo last January 2005.  very very little was improved.

now i had talked to two different doctors and i am very confused.

1st doctor: said that there was gland and needs to be lipo'd and excision should be done
2nd doctor: there are no glands. just purely fat. suggested that i need to have my testosterone and estrogen levels to be checked.

what should i do?  :'( :'( :'(
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline Hypo-is-here

You should have your hormones checked out and have a general consultation with an endocrinologist prior to surgery no matter what!

Always better to be safe than sorry.

Regarding the gynecomastia, it is very difficult for anyone to known what the true make-up of your gynecomastia is in terms of how much is fat and how much is gland.  This is because gland can feel hard or soft and so strangely can fat.  Dr Bermant has said in the past that he doesn't neccessarily know exactly form of gynecomastia is present until he has cut it out and has it in his hand.

Because of the above, I aways think it makes sense to have both glandular excision and liposuction.

Particularly given the fact that many men who have had liposuction only have then complained that they were left with glandular tissue.  In fact very few men who have liposuction only report being happy with the final result, at least on this board.  

« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 09:03:47 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline dav242

• Bronze Member

Usually, at least in my case, surgeons recommend that you come down to your ideal weight first (lose the fat) and if you still have gyne, then it's probably gland that remains. If the gland still really bothers you, then you might want to consider having it removed.

agreed - or get down to like 10%BF
otherwise, yeah - do as i did - book as many free consults with board certified plastic surgeons as possibly - ideally with ones who specialize or do several of these cases.

i had lipo only done a few months back, fairly pleased with the results, although not completely satisfied, but that's mainly because the shape of my chest (bone structure, muscle) is protrusive. the 5 doctors i saw all said, lipo only. after having lipo only, i realize they were right - there's nothing pinchable or anything squishy or hard - etc

so, even though as mentioned above no doctor can 100% tell 100% of the time if it's gland or fat or both, sometimes doctors instincts are right. just try to get several opinions if you can - and from board certified docs.

make sure your expectations are realistic, though. that's what was key in preventing me from going overboard and having a gujillion surgeries
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 10:45:35 PM by dav242 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024