Author Topic: Another update!  (Read 2939 times)

cody sockeye

Me and my "father" are no longer on talking terms. Tomorrow, I was scheduled for a podiatrist appointment and a wrist consultation because it has been fractured for 2 years now. He's known about this appointment for about 3 weeks, and he said he was going to be taking me. Now, I've been calling him for a week now with no answer.

Finally today I decided to go to a pay phone so he wouldn't recognize the number. I just had one question for him... "Are you still taking me or what?" So he answers the phone (not knowing it was actually me) and I say "Hey, I just wanted to know if--..." 

"~Click~"

That's where I draw the line. I am giving up on him. He is dead to me. He has hurt me and my family for the last time and no amount of money is worth taking this abuse and neglect from him. However, he is LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE to cover half of all medical costs. So I've been brainstorming on how I can get myself taken care of which is what my question about loans was about. Well, now I feel that this is my only option.

Find someone who will willingly take out a loan for me. My dad has to pay half, so payments would be half for me. I could get a job and easily pay my share since my mom cannot afford this.

blah.

Offline unknownman

• Silver Member
  • My war against gyne ends 10/8/07
Dont feel bad man my Dad is a bum too I know what you are going through

cody sockeye

FYI - If you have someone take out this loan on your behalf, I don't think it is true that your pop would be obligated to pay half your payments to that person. However, he probably is obligted to pay some child support here, so call up a family law lawyer in your comunity and get the scoop.

thats a good point. I remember that my mom used to send him receipts, though, and he would pay us back half (school clothes, medical bills, etc...) The divorce document is worded so badly though and it is so hard to understand... I really dont know what he's supposed to do. I'm just hoping he could have a heart, which is very unlikely.  :-\

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024