Author Topic: What Does "Acceptance" Mean to You?  (Read 3230 times)

Catmando

You're not the only one here that likes the look and feel of their breasts and actually enjoys them.  Society conditions men to be ashamed of ourselves if we are not 100% on the masculine end of the spectrum. 
Whereas women have the freedom to feminine, masculine or anywhere in between with no repercussions.
No you're not a freak,  there are more men then you realize that have breast. Be patient with yourself. Acceptance takes time and you will have your ups and downs just as with anything else, it takes time.

Sometime, if you are able to. Sit down on a bench in a mall or some busy place that people will not be wearing jackets and just be a people watcher. Take notes on how many men have gynecomastia,  and you might just develop a new outlook.

Good luck

Cat
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 07:42:05 PM by Catmando »

Offline Johndoe1

Acceptance seems to be a day to day battle for me. Today, I'm feeling rather insecure about my breasts. I hide them in uncomfortable compression shirts and am shy about showing around anyone, even family. I don't know how much they know about the extent of my "condition". Privately, I enjoy having them. I like how they look. I like how they feel. I guess I'm still struggling with acceptance. I'm not a freak, right?
You are no more a freak than anyone else. It took me 30 years to finally admit that I needed to not only wear a bra, but I had breasts, the same ones that I had actively been trying to hide and thinking if I didn't pay them any attention no one else would either. That of, is not what happened. Take your time. Acceptance is a complicated and time consuming process. Remember, the only person you need to please is yourself, no one else.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
Catmando, the majority of your posts have either been on the agressive side, or contradictory.  And in those cases you refused to admit to contradicting yourself.  So it's only natural that people would take offense.
I apologize,  it may be that I had a very bad day on one day and a good day on the next. I'm a person that lives with a ton of chronic pain.

Chronic pain certainly has an effect on ones mood, so that would explain it.  Of course we didn't know, so in our minds you looked like a typical internet troll.

Anyway, I don't know what the cause is in your case, but here's to hoping that you can find a way to at least reduce it.

Catmando

Catmando, the majority of your posts have either been on the agressive side, or contradictory.  And in those cases you refused to admit to contradicting yourself.  So it's only natural that people would take offense.
I apologize,  it may be that I had a very bad day on one day and a good day on the next. I'm a person that lives with a ton of chronic pain.

Chronic pain certainly has an effect on ones mood, so that would explain it.  Of course we didn't know, so in our minds you looked like a typical internet troll.

Anyway, I don't know what the cause is in your case, but here's to hoping that you can find a way to at least reduce it.
Thanks, I  guarantee that I am a older guy that has live a life with boobs too. I have known and have been visiting this forum for around the past 7 or 8 years due to being a personal friend of hammer. He told me about the forum so I was just a reader, but when he decided to leave I decided to join. 

Offline blad

Acceptance is wearing a bra if it makes you more comfortable and secure. Further, it is not being concerned if your bra outline does get noticed. It is for your comfort and support and no one else's business. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
That part about not caring if someone sees the outline is easier said than done though.

Just yesterday I saw an ad where someone used a baldness cure without research, and ended up looking a bit like a bald werewolf (for lack of a better term).  Then I spoke to a friend who happened to be over at the time of how people don't realise that those pills can mess with your hormones (and sometimes cause female development).  It was VERY clear that he interprets that as the pills then making you (let's say not straight, I don't want to quote him and get banned).  People really do come to such conclusions.  And in a conservative society, you do NOT want to be labeled as such.

The irony though it at a previous car show he spoke with someone he seems to know. And believe me, that man will put some members here to shame.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024