Author Topic: a woman surgeon?  (Read 3772 times)

Offline reaper33

• Silver Member
i found this surgeon in Chicago, she looks pretty good from what the site says, but the thing thats bothering me is the fact that she is woman, should i go for her or should i keep looking, i live in Chicago and i want to get it done locally, below are some links from the site  http://www.northshoresurgery.com/about.htm  http://www.northshoresurgery.com/gynecomastia.htm                                                                                       

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
she is a proffessional, she has seen many manboobs before yours, if she is a good surgeon u should go to her. think like this, mmmmm a women get to see me halfnaked and she is going to touch my body ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8).
i finally feel like im a man

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
she is a proffessional, she has seen many manboobs before yours, if she is a good surgeon u should go to her. think like this, mmmmm a women get to see me halfnaked and she is going to touch my body ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8).

I agree on all points.   ;)
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline desi

• Gold Member
she focusses more on ultra sonic lipo rather than excision...keep this in mind during ur consult..
Formerly, 'Fattgayee', as in 'Torn Apart' or more so 'I am Screwed' :)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If the female PS has the proper credentials, and has adequate experience in GRS, then I don't see why you wouldn't choose her. Do you think that just because she is a 'Woman', she will do less of a job than a male Doc? Cummon dude, don't be so narrow-minded ::)!  However, ultimately, the choice is yours my man. If you don't feel comfortable having surgery with a female doc, then so be it.   

Preferred technique is another topic....  As 'fattgayee' mentioned, by the sounds of it, Dr. Sweis prefers Lipo only and will only do excision if she deems necessary. If you go for a consult with Dr. Sweis, you should tell her that you want both excision and lipo with no exceptions. We know from other members experiences, that lipo only, in the majority of cases, does not produce desired surgery results.

GB
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 10:37:45 AM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline desi

• Gold Member
men do perform breast surgeries on women, why cant a woman perform surgery on a male chest..?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
men do perform breast surgeries on women, why cant a woman perform surgery on a male chest..?

Good point Dude!

GB

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i agree in theory, and there have been successes, but in practice i remember several people saying they had a much harder time getting female surgeons to take them seriously than male ones, they had to ask and make them realize living with a p_nis even only a small one would bother them too.  so this is one area i might permit myself a small amount of, well not predjudice, but skepticism. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
A Cosmetic Surgeon is a sculptor who works in the medium of human skin.

Artistic talent is not gender specific.

Her work should be judged on its own merits without bias due to the fact that she is female.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i didn't disagree, i was just saying based on observation in practice, not predjudice, that women surgeons seem to have less understanding or something.  it may be that we as men have less understanding or appreciation in the same way for things that women might suffer from, and for the same reasons. 

it's not a sexist judgment on their worth or skill, and every surgeon, male or female, is an individual who may have greater or lesser sensitivity to gyne.  i'm just saying that based on numerous others' experiences, i would just be a little more alert to whether a female surgeon fully appreciated that this was important and not to be trivialized and maybe even important to do with that much more finesse. 

i did point out that female surgeons have done the op successfully, but it's fair to mention this to be aware of.  if women said that in their experience male surgeons were less sensitive on some subject, nobody would say boo.  i just feel we are entitled to the same treatment. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 04:31:59 AM by headheldhigh01 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024