Author Topic: Surgery booked with Karidis - 6th Dec  (Read 4669 times)

Offline Gyne81

• Posting Member

Offline Gyne81

• Posting Member

Offline Gyne81

• Posting Member

Offline Gyne81

• Posting Member
One thing I forgot to mention, I kindly asked one of the nurses if I'll be able to get a second vest to take with me and she kindly brought one down just before I left. I'm not sure if they give you a 2nd vest as standard but I read somewhere on a post a guy asking for a 2nd vest as well.

Ohh also I was given some cefalexin, one before I went to bed on the day of the op and one for the next day.

Day 2 post op:

The nurse said that I will be able to take a shower on the 2nd day and to replace the plasters.
By far the 2nd day was the hardest!!!! Getting that plaster of were sooooooo painful!! Shaving my chest was the best thing anyone could do before going to the surgery. Unfortunately that wasn't enough, the plaster went also across my armpits and I kinda forgot to shave there...big mistake! I ended up standing in the shower and trying to fight off the plaster from my skin. Even till this day(2weeks post op) I still have some of that glue on me.

Once they came of I had 4 small water proof plaster where the incisions were made. Even replacing them was a bit or a pain however I think for me the pain is more in my mind. My pain threshold is not the greatest.

Once the shower and replacing the plasters are done, is back into bed and catchup on tons of movies. 

I was taking the Arnica tablets every 4 hours with the 2 codydramols along with it. I think the codydramol tablets doesn't help with your number 2's. My toilet habits only really returned after I completed the course.
Also I topped up on a lot of pineapple juice as well.

My movements were pretty restricted, I couldn't lift my arms above my shoulders and could barley take it back. However movement was enough for me to just get by. 

Offline Gyne81

• Posting Member

Offline Gyne81

• Posting Member

Offline Gyne81

• Posting Member
I have now started reduced my vest time only wearing it in the evenings till the morning. I have recently noticed that I am getting some swelling on my left. It was small yesterday however today it seemed to have gotten bigger. I'm staying calm and trying not to stress about it...it's all part of the healing process i guess! I started rubbing Arnica cream 2 days ago, hoping its just a coincidence with the swelling. Plus I have some random bruise on the bottom right of my stomach. Didnt notice it until last week however there was no pain until a few days ago. The pain is very minor tho. Spoke to a nurse at Karidis and they said its not related..very random tho.

Anyways, I've got a lot of movement back now but still struggle with a few stretches.

On Thursday, when I could start wearing the vest part-time was the first time I looked at myself properly in the mirror and felt soooo relieved. It's the best feeling I have ever had! I as able to dig deep into my wardrobe and try on one of those kinda lightweight knitwear that just hang on your shoulder....what a feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Offline Gyne81

• Posting Member

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
How you getting on bro?  Is the chest looking better as
Each day passes?looking good,  Keep the pics coming.. All the best

Offline Gyne81

• Posting Member
Hi all!
I am now just over 6 weeks post op and the recovery seems to be going well. Majority of the swelling has gone now however still a bit tender closer to the nipple areas. I think visibly my right chest looks fine however my left still looks a bit off. My left is more tender and has a hard lump at the top of the nipple. I've been massaging for a few weeks and I think it's helping but not completely convinced yet. Lol

Not sure if I mentioned this in my previous posts but when I first took the plasters off, the 'tip' of my left nipple was scabbing. And after a few weeks the scab came off and it seemed like the tip of the nipple had been cut. Kind of hard to describe but i'll post some pictures. I am hoping this is not anything permanent!
When I saw Karidis at my post op meeting he said there may have been a little discharge but nothing to worry. To be honest he wasn't really clear and the meeting just seemed rushed. Either was he was reassuring it was nothing to worry about.

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Am I right in saying that once you have the op they look great/flat, 2/3 days post op.. But Then they start to swell 2-8weeks post op?

I've also heard too Many times that karidis rushes through his meetings/consultations. I have one with him
Next week and all this feedback is putting me off slightly. Hopefully the recovery goes well and you start enjoying life again.

Good luck

Offline Gyne81

• Posting Member
The swelling/bruising is pretty much straight away. You probably won't see the swelling as much but by the morning you will feel the bruising. And yes, after a week or two the swelling will/may start. My left had more gyno so probably why the swelling and bruising was more on my left.

Yes, Karidis does seem to always be in a rush. Just make sure before you go to your consultation you write down any questions you have for him. That was a mistake I did...even after someone else advising me the same thing.lol

But Karidis' work is quite good. Only recently I inspected my scars and it looks like he's done a really good job on them.

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
How's it going mate? Hope all is well.

Are you happy with results?
Is life back to normal?

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Would you say, being 6/8 weeks post op, you can take you top off and nobody will notice a thing? No obvious scars, swelling, bulges. Reason I ask is that I was told that after 6 weeks post op I can go on holiday and sun bathe with no problems, with sun protection obviously.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024