Author Topic: Goodbye Moobies ( my story ) *3 weeks post op*  (Read 10961 times)

Offline SDJ

• Bronze Member
dressings came off yesterday morning, and it all looks great! flat as a pancake at the moment. there's some bruising at the bottom of my chest and I've got a nasty rash from the dressing tape on my shoulders and under my arms. the rash is the worst part so far! the dressing was hard to remove and took me a while. I'll upload some pics tonight.

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Sounds great mate, look forward to your pics.

Offline SDJ

• Bronze Member

Offline SDJ

• Bronze Member
don't know what to do right now because my skin has come up in a really bad rash where the dressings were stuck to my skin. when I move it burns like sun burn and I feel dizzy. I've plastered my the areas in rash cream but doesn't seem to be helping and can't even put my vest back on now, might have to leave it off tonight because its rubbing. what shall i do?

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Don't really know mate, have you tried taking an Allergy tablet? I have read a few guys who have had a bit of a reaction to the dressing.

On a side note mate, you look great, excellent side profile!

Offline SDJ

• Bronze Member
cheers mate, aside from the rash im really pleased. I kept the vest on last night but put it over a cotton vest so it didnt touch my skin and it been less itchy since. I've tried nappy rash cream and aloe vera gel so far but isn't doing much so will go to the shop later and see if I can find a cream for allergies.

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
mate, that's lookin like an excellent result ;D your real flat now haha, no gyno in sight! gotta be happy with that!

about the rash, I have it as well and that's only what I can see with the dressing on, will no doubt be more that I haven't seen yet when I take it off. it is annoying and I cant wait to remove the tape. 

cheers for the words of advice also, its all very true i.e drains do your head in, well they did my head in anyway, going for a piss with 2 drains was a balancing act. i definitely underestimated the surgery also, for some reason was expecting it to be a breeze but it does get uncomfortable

Offline SDJ

• Bronze Member
cheers mate. will upload some better pics soon. yea surgery weren't easy but a week later you'll be so pleased you went through it, the pain really is minimal and the only problems I've had were to do with the hot weather and the rash! rash seems a bit calmer today, I took hay fever tablets which are supposed to help with skin irritations, and im still wearing the compression vest on top of a cotton vest which means I'll be wearing four layers in work lol hope the weather stays cool!

Offline thetodd

Great result, really flat!

Im not sure what sort of dressings levick, but Karidis put on pads that i had an allergic reaction to i just didn't reapply them. Keep on putting sudocrem on should clear up in a few days.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline SDJ

• Bronze Member
thanks mate. yea its slowly starting to go, the skin is peeling. the incisions have healed well and chest is still pretty flat. I do get a stiff feeling across my chest when I reach out for something. When does the scar tissue start to form and when shall I start massaging? I'm 11 days post op.
thanks.

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
Hows it all goin mate? are you loosing that rash yet? Mine has died down from what I can see. having another prob with the bandages though which is that they have cut into my back. really sore at the moment.   

not long till your 2 week post op, time flies doesn't it.

Offline SDJ

• Bronze Member
Hows it all goin mate? are you loosing that rash yet? Mine has died down from what I can see. having another prob with the bandages though which is that they have cut into my back. really sore at the moment.   

not long till your 2 week post op, time flies doesn't it.

hey, I'm good thanks. The rash has started to go, not much itching now, I'm putting aloe vera gel on it twice a day, seems to help. the only pain really is when i cross my arms to touch my shoulder with the opposite hand if you know what I mean. theres a small lump down from my left nipple over the top of my rubs, wondering if this is scar tissue and when I should start to massage I forgot to ask mr Levick. yea im two weeks post op this thursday. make sure u got something to put on your rash when the bandages come off mate. looking forward to your pics.

Offline thetodd

Email levicks PA (i think its his wife still) she will fill you in on when to massage. From memory i think its three weeks but its been so long since i done it, i dont want to give you any bad advice.

Dont analyze anything at two weeks you will have some swelling, it will subside :)

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
I think its when you take your vest off in the day, so yeah somewhere around 2-3 week mark. that makes sense because the massage helps disperse fluid that can build when not wearing the vest. may as well ask Levick anyway to be sure. I reckon it says in the surgery instruction booklet, I would have a look but mine is in my top cupboard above my head and I'm well too stiff to even try getting that lol 

Offline SDJ

• Bronze Member
yea I'll give them a phone call tomorrow.
captain chesty, have you taken your dressing off yet?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024