Author Topic: Compression vest & airport body scanners?  (Read 4777 times)

Offline Mac84

Hello everyone.
I have been using Underworks compression shirts for a couple of years now to hide gyno. I never leave home without wearing one.
I'm flying to Florida next week and am worried that I might run into a problem going through the new body scanners.
Will wearing a compression vest look odd? I'd rather not be embarrassed in front of everyone I am traveling with.

Has anyone here traveled wearing a compression vest since the new full body scans have been going on in certain major airports?

What's your opinion?

Thanks. ;D

DrBermant

Hello everyone.
I have been using Underworks compression shirts for a couple of years now to hide gyno. I never leave home without wearing one.
I'm flying to Florida next week and am worried that I might run into a problem going through the new body scanners.
Will wearing a compression vest look odd? I'd rather not be embarrassed in front of everyone I am traveling with.

Has anyone here traveled wearing a compression vest since the new full body scans have been going on in certain major airports?

What's your opinion?

Thanks. ;D

I have been using both the first stage and second stage garments for my patients for many, many years. Most of my patients fly out of Virginia home the next day after surgery in their first stage compression vest. I have yet to hear of a single patient who was given any issues going through the airport security, and the first stage garment has the metal hooks, just like a bra, but going from the top of the chest to the belly. I have also been demonstrating the effectiveness of the second stage compression vest both online and in my office and have many who have used or are current using such compression contouring as part of their daily lives extending from hot deserts, to tropical rain forests, to airline pilots, to military on duty. These garments are much more contouring than the Underworks brand and I do not recommend that brand, but again for my patients, none have told me about problems flying or getting through airports with my garments.

Any security person commenting about body shaping garments would also be guilty of commenting about women's body shaping clothing or girdles and probably lose their job. For surgery patients the garment is a protection device to help minimize trauma to tissues and is needed for the after surgery care and are documented on our after surgery care sheets we give each of our patients. To date nobody has mentioned needing to use this sheet. The body shaping garment other than its fabric strength is indistinguishable from a sports contour shirt.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

Offline steelhead

• Silver Member
Thanks for the reply Dr. Bermant I was thinking about that very question as well.

DrBermant

Thanks for the reply Dr. Bermant I was thinking about that very question as well.

You are quite welcome!

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024