Author Topic: side effects?  (Read 3636 times)

Offline paul1111

i have another couple of questions that i hope can be answered.

i'm curious as to what other things are linked with gynecomastia, for example, i seem to sweat an abnormal amount (i'm unfit but i still sweat more than people who aren't as fit as me) and i have a lot of hair under my arm pits. could these be linked because i think they're also to do with hormones?

also, one of my nipples is a lot more puffed than the other, could this be because i've been messing with it and it's been stimulated more than the other and has got worse?

thanks.

DrBermant

i have another couple of questions that i hope can be answered.

i'm curious as to what other things are linked with gynecomastia, for example, i seem to sweat an abnormal amount (i'm unfit but i still sweat more than people who aren't as fit as me) and i have a lot of hair under my arm pits. could these be linked because i think they're also to do with hormones?

also, one of my nipples is a lot more puffed than the other, could this be because i've been messing with it and it's been stimulated more than the other and has got worse?

thanks.

There are many conditions associated with gynecomastia, some of them can be associated with abnormal hair growth.

Unilateral, One Sided,  and Uneven Gynecomastia  can happen without specific cause.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Gine2D

If the hormones are out of balance,or the estrogen E2/T ratio is too high you can have the sweats.  Mine was worse while sleeping.  Like hot flashes.  Got the E2 under control & the sweats were gone.

Trim the arm pit hair to about 1/4 inch.  That will keep the smell down somewhat during the day.  Once the hormones are in balance the odor will lessen.

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
I also seem to sweat a lot while doing nothing.  It's not like sweat running down my back, but like my legs will sweat (my butt and such) and my palms / feet will sweat.  

I used to sweat a lot under my armpits but I had my friend's dad prescribe something to deal with a condition called hyperhydrosis, which I thought I had.  I haven't used it in a while but my armpits don't seem to sweat nearly as much as they used to.

My endocrinologist does not feel that my hormones are that bad and that since I'm only 18 I should not be taking anything to improve my estradiol (39) / testosterone (424) levels.  Despite what she thinks, I would like to improve my estradiol through DIM or zinc or something.

I would hope that my sweats would go away if I were to do so.  Does anyone here take zinc or DIM to help balance their hormones?
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline paul1111

thanks for the help.

yeah, the increased sweating is pretty much just under the armpits which can be a bit embarressing when it shows up on t-shirts.

won't the armpit hair come back thicker if i trim it, or is that a myth?

Offline gynosucks1

• Gold Member
wow i rember when i was like 12-13 and i first got started getting puffy nipples

i remember i sweat like crazy

at about 15-16 i seemed to produce 0 swear and that's when  my nips flattened out and got smaller 2.

never knew it was estrogen that caused the sweating.. always thought it was higher test to est ratio

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024