Author Topic: Levick or Karidis?  (Read 2788 times)

Offline dapuffnipz

• Posting Member
Hi guys, sorry to bother you all.

I have a fairly 'minor' case of gyno, mainly involving glandular tissue under the nipple; this makes the nipples protrude out. I'm fairly lean, which makes it look even worse in my opinion.

A few questions I have to users who have had surgery, as I'm still deciding where to have the surgery done.
  • How much was the total cost of surgery for Levick/Karidis
  • Are there any differences in the surgery methods used, if so is one better/worse.
  • How long did it take to FULLY recover, e.g when were you able to train/gym at 100% intensity.
  • Was the train journey to and from London stressful, should it have an influence on my choice of surgeon? (from stoke)

Thanks in advance

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Hi guys, sorry to bother you all.

I have a fairly 'minor' case of gyno, mainly involving glandular tissue under the nipple; this makes the nipples protrude out. I'm fairly lean, which makes it look even worse in my opinion.

A few questions I have to users who have had surgery, as I'm still deciding where to have the surgery done.
  • How much was the total cost of surgery for Levick/Karidis
  • Are there any differences in the surgery methods used, if so is one better/worse.
  • How long did it take to FULLY recover, e.g when were you able to train/gym at 100% intensity.
  • Was the train journey to and from London stressful, should it have an influence on my choice of surgeon? (from stoke)

Thanks in advance

Hey mate, I chose Levick because of how easy it is to drive there, free parking, and get to stay overnight in the hospital at no extra cost. That and his track record and consultation etc etc.

Total cost was £3850, including overnight stay, all food, antibiotics, painkillers etc etc
Had to buy my own compression vest, so that was £20 from underworks.

Main difference is that Levick removes glands from the armpit incision on each side, Karidis does an armpit incision for Lipo and a seperate incision under the nipple for gland removal. Both guys get awesome results so wouldn't like to say who is better, sure I'd be just as happy with Karidis's work. I also chose Levick because he tends to remove more rather than less and I never want that sh*t growing back again  ;D

I'm 4 weeks post op and been back at work since 10 days, walking most nights after work, hitting the gym for light workout this friday. I'd say 6-8 weeks till back at full pelt in the gym for me.

Over the moon with my results and the treatment I received from Levick and all the staff at the hospital, couldn't be happier. Any questions just ask.

Offline dapuffnipz

• Posting Member
Thanks for your reply mate, certainly helped to ease my mind.

I forgot to ask, will the surgery have any effect on building muscle/ physical activity in the future? (I'm thinking more towards the extreme levels of activity, as I'm applying for the paras)

Is there any particular reason most seem to opt for Karidis?

Finally, how big an impact has the surgery had on your life? I'm currently 19 and don't think I'll be able to borrow the money from family. So I'm going to be paying for this for a long time to come, if I go ahead with it.

Thanks again.

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
No problem dude.
Once you have properly healed I don't think it has any impact on physical activicy mate.
Bodybuilders and other atheletes get the op done and then carry on as usual.

Karidis gets awesome results and is very popular on this board, he also does work on celebrities and is in the media a lot etc.

Massive impact for me, can take my daughter swimming, sunbathe with my mates now etc etc. given me loads more confidence. would recommend it to anyone who avoids things like that.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024