Author Topic: Gynecomastia surgery in Singapore  (Read 9292 times)

Offline Gynecomastia Singapore

• Posting Member
Hi All, I have been suffering from gynecomastia for the last 15 years. I am 29 years old now. It has psychologically devasted me and restrained my life.
However, after 6 mnths of intense research I have undergone the surgery in Singapore (I live here).
In my upcoming posts, I shall post pics (before and after). My surgery happened on the 12th, so I am 10 days post op now.
This thread is the least I could do to praise the amazing work my surgeon has done.
Will post the full story soon.

Offline Lorenz

Hi, how were the results? Mind sharing which clinic you went to and what's the damage?

• Posting Member
Hi Lorenz, i am awaiting the pics taken by my PS. Once i get it, shall upload them. I had 4 choices of PS prior to my surgery. 3 out of 4 following choices were taken from the Singapore's approved board of plastic surgeons. They are as follows :-
1. JJ Chua
2. Colin Tham
3. Foo from SGH
4. Ivan Phua Amaris (not board certified PS however reviews on him were good on the forums)

I ended up choosing Colin Tham due to his personalised approach and his pictures (before and after).

Happy to say that the results are good and it is getting better with time. Colin was really good in explaining the procedure and most of all I could relate to him.
In total, I paid 8500sgd. The procedure itself is 7000sgd. However, another 1500sgd was required for an external anesthetist (upon my request).
Do PM me if you need further details.

• Posting Member
Hi all, following my previous thread,I am posting pics showing how I looked pre-op. Will also be posting 2 weeks post op pics soon. 
As far as the healing is concerned, it has been going smoothly. As visible from the pics, I had more glandular tissues removed on my left chest. Thus, there is still significant swelling on that side. Right one has been healing just well.
Let me know if you have any question. 
The thought of me fitting into any t-shirt/shirt without having to look at my chest is unbelievable :)
Lastly, I am wearing the compression garment 24/7. Seems quite comfortable 

• Posting Member
The other set of pictures 

• Posting Member
2 wk post of left and right 

Offline choowei

• Posting Member
congratz to you and I am still struggling on my puffy nipples.
I would like to ask what activities should avoid after ops and how long time should avoid these act as advised by doc? I am thinking if i could continue the gym work out ( legs and cardio) without touching or using chest muscles or the work out that might eventually hurt the wound. Besides, if the garment is obvious by wearing t shirt? 7000SGD included all the fee included garment? it is quite alot sum of money to me... sob sob.. Appreciate if you can advise these.

• Posting Member
Hi Choo,
Its better to avoid any strenous activities for 3 weeks. Its 6 weeks now me and i have now started lifting full on.

I doubt u will be able to hit the gym for atleast 2 weeks as your chest will be sore.

Yes 7000 includes the garment. I have been wearing the garment to work. Its like a tshirt. Not visible under shirts. Its completely ok.

Save some money and get the op done. Its worth every dollar

Offline choowei

• Posting Member
Hi,
May I know did you done it at their clinic or hospital operation theater?

• Posting Member
Colin's clinic. It is well equipped and certified to perform the entire operation

Offline Resurgery

Hi all,
I had my surgery a month back in malaysia . Post op i have some hard lumps more like puffy nipples behind the areola both sides . Is it normal and expected to go down gradually ?. Whats a desirable time period to expect the final results. Because my surgeon assures it is not residual gland tissue and will be go off gradually but i am bit anxious. Anyone has experienced something like this

• Posting Member
Hi, scar tissue is what happens after the op. Perfectly normal. I had a hard lump on my right chest under the aerola. It took around 4 months for it to go away. It def will go away. 
Now i developed lump on the left side under the aerola at the 6 month mark.
Everybody is different and may develop scar tissues at different times.
Be patient and you will see results. Good thing is that they will go away.
May not work for everyone, however, I realised my scar tissues were going away faster when I increased my chest workouts. You may try them.

Offline rian_cornelius

Hi Gynecomastia Singapore,

How are you healing so far? I am having gynecomastia about similar size as yours on one side of the chest and would like to have the glandular tissue removed. However, I am worried my nipple may shrink and retract inward. I would like to check with you whether Dr Colin Tham takes that into account in your surgery.

Thank you.

• Posting Member
Hi All, 2 yrs since i did the op with collin. 
4 months in realised my glands are still there. Disappointment. 

Have a revision booked in a Prof Foo tomorrow (19th aug 2017). Will update soon.

Offline Just4gamesg

Hi,
How was the revision went? Hope it went well.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024