Author Topic: Fluid build up how to tell ?  (Read 3006 times)

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
 2 weeks post op here,  wondering how to distinguish fluid build up and swelling or they the same ? I am getting some feeling back and have been massaging mildy for 2 days now and when i walk my chest feels weird, its not pain its a tingly feeling (i do have compression vest on always) , what is causing that feeling and I see that if i take picture standing up front view i can see the old roundish shape on the right side, left side is better but it too has tingly feeling. If its fluid buildup does it go away on its own or does it have to be drained ? I dont have another appointment with surgeon 2 weeks from now so till than I dont want to keep walking around all worried and having that feeling (sorry i do not hear no slooshing etc as i read from other posts ) its still however numb to touch the area where i get tinglyiness when walking, its not in entire chest just below the nipple area where most of the boobs shape comes from, above the nipples is rather flat.
Error:
Posting of links to other web sites is disabled..

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Usually it is the surgeon, not the patient, who can determine swelling from fluid buildup.

If you are that concerned, then call your surgeon and request an earlier follow-up appointment.  Your surgeon is the best person to determine if there is fluid buildup.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
tks,What happens to fluid build up if not drained does it turn yellowish scar like tissue ? I have lots of scarring i am noticing and lots of hard tissue, am having discomfort/slight pain as well now, wondering if scar tissues are suppose to cause pain ?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024