Author Topic: My gynecomastia - please help  (Read 2326 times)

Offline aerharsdhg

I first started noticing this when I was 13.  It's really ruined my life, especially growing up in FL, where everyone wants to go to the beach all the time.  I missed out on a lot my middle school and high school years because of this.  I haven't taken my shirt off in front of people in almost 8 years.  

I told my mom about 6 months ago about it, but I didn't tell her how serious it was.  I just told her my nipples were aching and I wanted to go to a doctor.  She's forgotten about it by now.  It's just so hard to bring it up even though I know it's not my fault, the shame, the years of trying to hide it, the constant abuse by other guys.

I'm 20, 6'0, 195 lbs.  I can feel hard lumps underneath my nipples.  The lumps feel a bit smaller than the size of ping pong balls.  My nipples ache and itch very badly sometimes.  The left one has been really bothering me the past few days, it's been itching and aching like crazy.  

I've been working out a lot lately and going to the gym almost every day.  I lift weights and do cardio.  My bodyfat is higher than I'd like it to be right now, but I am trying to gain muscle so I'm eating a lot of food.  

What I want to do is somehow work up the courage to tell my mom about this and get her to loan me money for the surgery.  I want to go to Dr. Berman in Virginia because he seems very experience with this, and I want to get it done right and get this over with already.  

I can't live like this anymore.  I literally can't even imagine how incredible it would be to just have a normal chest, not be constantly trying to hide it, not have to make up ridiculous excuses why I won't go swimming or take my shirt off, and be able to have a relationship with a girl.

Your input and advice would be appreciated.  Here are some pictures I took:

« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 10:16:06 PM by aerharsdhg »

Offline aerharsdhg

Hm it's strange, but my gynecomastia actually looks worse than that in the mirror.  It looks a little better in the pictures for some reason, probably just the angle.

Offline reymysterio

• Bronze Member
Guy, from those pics your gyno seems to be extremely mild, almost unnoticeable.Remember that you notice it because you live with it, but certainly people cannot see it.
Anyway, if it represents a problem for you, talk about it with your parents, I did it years ago and they helped me. I'm sure  they'll understand your disease, since parents love sons and they want the very best for them. At last, don't forget that surgery determines scars and it will never give you a perfect chest; with such a chest  you should never think about a similar option.

Good luck for everything you'll decide to do.  
You can find the success before sweating only on your dictionary.

Offline aerharsdhg

It looks better in the picture than it does in person for some reason.  

Trust me, it is quite noticeable, kids made my life a living hell in middle and high school because of it.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
You've got to remember that we're looking at a 2-D image.  It's going to look different, especially where contour details are concerned.  We also can't see animation in a still photo.  What that means is we can't see movement of the breast area such as bounce, jiggle, etc.  Even gyne that appears mild in a photo can be much more noticeable in person because of these other factors we can't see here.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline asdfg

It looks better in the picture than it does in person for some reason.  

Trust me, it is quite noticeable, kids made my life a living hell in middle and high school because of it.

I bet it's related to your chest being stretched as your arms are raised.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024