Author Topic: Nice to be back  (Read 492 times)

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
As several of you know, I was diagnosed with Gynecomastia, 11 years ago.  Have had several mammograms since. Each has showed increased tissue in my breasts.  I had knee replacement Surgery last year.  

I have been walking 2.5 miles, and biking 15 miles, preparing for my next knee replacement.  Dropped 37lbs and feeling ready for a good recovery.  Only issue is that, my breasts have never been more pronounced.  I will have to deal with them.  

At 73, keeping active is what matters. Even if I'm projecting.  Wearing a jog bra while out exercising.  A regular bra at home.  10 days to surgery.  I know I will be fine.  PT for 6 weeks may be interesting.   

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Nice to see you back, OG.

Good luck with your second knee replacement. My wife has also had both of hers replaced. She's much better now, but fitness has never been her forte. You're doing the right thing, and you'll be fine.

You're not the only one to lose weight overall but not in certain areas! Our exquisite friend JoniDee is probably the best example.

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
Yes it's good to have you back.  
Good for you on the weight loss.  I hope the knee replacement surgery goes well for you also. 
Walking is good for the body and mind.  I wish you  a speedy recovery.

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
Yes it's good to have you back. 
Good for you on the weight loss.  I hope the knee replacement surgery goes well for you also. 
Walking is good for the body and mind.  I wish you  a speedy recovery.
I had total knee replacement surgery on 3/11, so almost 4 weeks ago.  Surgery went very well as did recovery, until I over did it.  Walking 1/2 mile at 5 days, for several days, wasn't wise.  Anyway, back on track.  Way ahead of schedule in mobility. Still working on getting the swelling down.

I have been doing PT with the same therapist that I have used for 15 years, for back and knee recovery.  He is gone tomorrow and his sister will be my therapist.  That should be interesting.  I have seen her before and she gives physical torture.

I gained some weight after surgery.  Probably due to swelling in the repaired knee.  I am now down 7lbs and have my clasps at the end of tightness, and that is not enough.  Breasts haven't changed much, but are more noticeable.  No bra tomorrow, and baggy top.

Offline Parity

• Silver Member
Glad top hear things are going well for you!  Keep up with the rehab and and remember the sun will rise and shine again tomorrow.

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
Glad top hear things are going well for you!  Keep up with the rehab and and remember the sun will rise and shine again tomorrow.
Thank you, Parity.  The pain is almost behind me.  10 Pt's before I am done.  Can't wait to get back to 5 miles a day.

Offline Sophie

• Silver Member
It's so good to see that you're back! Welcome home!!!🤗

Good luck with your new knee! I'm sure that with some good PT, you will be back to your 5 miles and maybe more everyday!!!

♥️Sophie♥️

Offline Johndoe1

Welcome back! We missed you!
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
Welcome back! We missed you!
Thank you for all your wishes.  Knee replacement isn't fun.  I am over the hump.  Can't wait to get back to getting out and walking.  Still, some snow here.

As I have lost weight, I have been using the tightest strap on my bras, and they are still loose.  Sports bras are still okay, as they are new and bought in a size smaller.

Covering well now.  I'll take weight loss over projection, every day.  Summer may be a challenge.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024