Author Topic: Impressed w/ surgeons. No "sketchy" surgeons, as we've been warned.  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Wayne1985

• Silver Member
Honestly, has anybody dealt with any hacks?  Every Dr. I've contacted has been:
- A board certified plastic surgeon
- Does the consult himself

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i've seen pics of ops done by general surgeons.  they looked concerned with the simple internal removal and not very much with the external appearances later.  also sometimes pics by surgeons who had done gyne before but still not enough to teach themselves the most current aspects of gyne technique. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 02:02:23 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

DrBermant

Honestly, has anybody dealt with any hacks?  Every Dr. I've contacted has been:
- A board certified plastic surgeon
- Does the consult himself

Yes, I have seen many patients ruined by incompetent physicians.  This selection of Crater Deformity after Bad Gynecomastia Surgery is but a small selection of the disasters I have seen by "plastic surgeons" calling themselves that with no training nor experience.  Some of the messes were by Radiologists, Internists, Gynecologists, General Surgeons, Otolaryngologists (ENT), and some who never completed any Board Certification at all!  Beyond that, not all Plastic Surgeons have the same experience, skills, nor techniques.

That is why I posted on How to Chose your Gynecomastia Surgeon:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474.0

Sometimes I am able to offer Revision Gynecomastia Surgery, but some patients are so mutilated that I have nothing to offer.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 08:21:27 AM by DrBermant »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024