Author Topic: Surgery complete with Dr. Fielding. Successful!  (Read 4949 times)

Offline nitewatch

• Posting Member
Had surgery today with JCF at 11:00 am. Arrived at 8:30 am. Surgery was about 1.5 hours.

My nerves were great until I seen the big operating table just for little me then I started panicking which could be seen through the heart monitoring machine that was beeping quite quickly. Within minutes of being hooked up to the intravenous I was out like a light. I don't remember even going to sleep, just talking to Dr. Fielding and suggesting that he could take more fat from around the waste since he was already doing lipo :)

After a good 1 hour sleep and awoke up absolutely alert and ready to leave and go home, but wasn't allowed until they monitored me further. The hospital staff was great and very considerate at St. Joesph's.

Although I cannot see what is going on under the "patty bandages" and vest I can only assume things are alright. Dr. Fielding said the surgery was a great success and found no abnormal issues in the surgery process. He said he removed a good deal of gland material, which sounds great after the fact.

It has been 9 hours and so far no pain. I chose to decline pain killers as I believe they are a 'take as absolutely necessary' option. I plan to stay away from them unless severe, unbearable pain ensues.

I have a desk job (web developer) so I am looking to jump immediately into work. Some may suggest this as a bad idea, but I really feel great as of tonight. What tomorrow morning holds, is a different story. My job requires very little physical movement, almost as much as it takes to write this post. We'll see!

To those scared of the operation process. Relax. The pain for me nonexistant at this point, but I plan to keep you all up-to-date on this post so bookmark it if you're looking at surgery. Also a point about affordability that I have pressed on before: there are financing options for those who can't afford to dish out the $2K right away! Get in touch with www.Medicard.com or www.CreditMedical.com. Don't live with suffering over affordability. Get the coverage right away and feel great about yourself.

Anyways, I owe this board my current state of happiness and hope the process and the bandage removal process Tuesday shows much improvement! I thank the board administrators, especially Grampa Bambu as he has provided me with the ambition and courage to tackle this feat.

I look forward to posting tomorrow my first day post-op experience. If any one has any questions about the procedure or my experience day-to-day I will reply with detail.

Thanks!

Offline Calg-puffed

• Bronze Member
Great to hear everything went well nitewatch!  Do you have any before pictures for us?  Sounds like you have a pretty minor case...

I remember reading on here a bit ago that someone said their chest looks weird when they flex, I'm just wondering if that's permanent or not...  My particular problem is a small amount of fat (can't feel gland) at the nipple and behind it... when I flex my pec I can grab about 1/2 an inch or so around my nipple.

Offline nitewatch

• Posting Member
Doctor said my case ranged about a "medium" in scale.

I have some before pictures...does this site allow the uploading of pictures or do I need to use a third-party site?

Offline nitewatch

• Posting Member
POST OP DAY 1

Morning

Minimum pain experienced only by applying pressure. I don't know how the doctor did it, but he managed to cut me open, remove fat and gland and it just feels mildly uncomfortable. So good in fact, I am going to work today. I woke up alert and well rested. Don't fret, my job is a desk job where I develop/code web sites so I won't have any issues with overdoing myself. The amount of "work" required is about the same as typing out a post, really....only for 8 hours.

Afternoon

Work went well, it's only 4:54...only a few minutes to work being done. Only slight pain, nothing anyone couldn't handle without any pain killers. Hoping for another tempestuous-less day tomorrow!

POST OP DAY 2

Morning

No real pain. I great deal of "healing feeling" overcomes me in the morning. I don't know how any one could need pain killers for this, but I guess everyone has a different measure of tolerance. Anyways, I am starting to feel the itchy feeling from these "patties" and the tape. I pulled back the patties a bit last night to see the progress for the first time. Here's my report on what I seen: Pretty flat, slightly swollen. I noticed the nipples are indented a bit, but I've read these forums enough to expect that. After having boobs for so many years, having dented nipples for a few months isn't gonna bother me. The whole situation down there seems to be almost "perfect". When I say perfect I mean the procedure itself seems to be flawless. JCF seems to really do what he needs to do and nothing more, which is great. 

« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 09:26:49 AM by nitewatch »

Offline happyclam

• Posting Member
Hey Nitewatch, congratulations. I had mine done six weeks ago and things couldn't be better. What a boost of confidence. I didn't have any problems other than alot of iching until the foams came off. What a relief that was. I started with tensor bandages and then bought a compression vest from Fielding's office for $50. I wore it once and hated it. Because the tensor bandages would fall off quite easily, I found adhering tensor bandages that stayed on with no metal clips ($9 at some pharmacies - Shopper's does not carry the product). Then I switched to compression Ts from Nike and Under Armour ($35 to $39 at Sporting Life). Now I'm happy. It looks and feels much better under a undershirt and shirt and tie (in my case anyway). I went to work the following Monday. I should have waited a couple of more days. It felt a bit akward. But now I'm back at the gym (I wear a compression T under my gym t-shirt) five days a week doing a bit more cardio than weight/strength training for now anyway. I plan to go back full swing before Xmas. You must have read about massaging to smooth out the scar tissue? I highly recommend it. At least once a day, twice is better with hard circular motions. You'll notice the difference in a couple of days. I go back to Fielding at the end of January. I want to be at least 20 pounds lighter and get ready for summer. Do you know how long it's been since I've been in a swim suit or even in a t-shirt without feeling embarrassed??? Keep in touch.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Had surgery today with JCF at 11:00 am. Arrived at 8:30 am. Surgery was about 1.5 hours.

Congrats .....

Also a point about affordability that I have pressed on before: there are financing options for those who can't afford to dish out the $2K right away!

Two large... Is that what you paid?

Get in touch with www.Medicard.com or www.CreditMedical.com. Don't live with suffering over affordability. Get the coverage right away and feel great about yourself.

100% Agreed!!!

Anyways, I owe this board my current state of happiness and hope the process and the bandage removal process Tuesday shows much improvement! I thank the board administrators, especially Grampa Bambu as he has provided me with the ambition and courage to tackle this feat.

Dude.... you just made my day!   8)

I look forward to posting tomorrow my first day post-op experience. If any one has any questions about the procedure or my experience day-to-day I will reply with detail.

You could post your recovery journey on the 'User Diaries' board. You will get more hits there than here on the Canada board.

John.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:50:41 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I have some before pictures...does this site allow the uploading of pictures or do I need to use a third-party site?

Best thing to do is to upload your pics to a free image hosting Site, there are lots of them on the Web. Then post a link to the pics here...

John.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:52:02 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline nitewatch

• Posting Member
Tonight when I get home from work I will move to the diaries section. I am back at work for day 2! Things are going good.

Offline nitewatch

• Posting Member

Congrats .....

Also a point about affordability that I have pressed on before: there are financing options for those who can't afford to dish out the $2K right away!

Two large... Is that what you paid?

Yes, $1908 to be specific.

Get in touch with www.Medicard.com or www.CreditMedical.com. Don't live with suffering over affordability. Get the coverage right away and feel great about yourself.

100% Agreed!!!

Thanks for the pin-up. This was the only thing holding me back, and I think that having this information readily available with make things better for a lot of people.

Dude.... you just made my day!   8)

No problem, it is the truth and I appreciate the motivation.

You could post your recovery journey on the 'User Diaries' board. You will get more hits there than here on the Canada board.

John.

Will do.

Offline nitewatch

• Posting Member
Regarding acne. I've had acne since I was a teenager, right now I am 26 years old. For the last 6 years or more I have been taking Tetracycline for it and it's worked great. 

I have a sense in my head that the estrogen stored in my breasts caused a flux in my hormones and had been causing my acne. Well, my breasts are gone now so I thought I'd try an experiment.

I think this link "gyne/acne" is important. Since a lot of people would find this link almost moot, except those who are experiencing acne/gyne, I am going to go ahead and give my own experience of my gradual removal of Tetracycline (anti-biotics) and report my results.

Tetracycline is a very old but effective anti-biotic. It's cheap and very effective. Problem with it is like most anti-biotics, they can become less effective over time, and even thereby decrease the effectiveness of other anti-biotics when needed for colds or other ills.

My doctor said that I could up my dosage (to a max of 6 pills a day), and therefore also lower them as necessary. Some parts of the year require more or less medication depending on the weather. Strong heat sometimes brings about sweat, and therefore more open pours.

Anyways, I have lowered my dependancy on the Tetracycline from 6/day (3 morning and 3 at night) to 4/day (2 morning and 2 at night) and so far I've found no difference in my acne.

Tomorrow I will lower to 2/day (1 morning and 1 at night). Between 4 and 2 a day will definitely show a difference if this link is proven to be false. I'll break out almost immediately at 2 a day so I am hoping to see no break outs. Of course my hormones could still be in slight flux so I may have to try this experiment again later if my body continues to produce acne.

I am hoping my hunch is correct because I think there is a strong link to acne and hormones and because I had extra estrogen in my body that another male may not have I believe this is an important experiment!

Nitewatch

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Tonight when I get home from work I will move to the diaries section. I am back at work for day 2! Things are going good.

Atually, with the addition of the newer boards, you could post your Post Op healing experiences in the 'Surgery' forum. On the 'Post Surgery and Healing After Surgery' board. I used the 'Users Diaries' board for my Post Op experiences as there wasn't a 'Surgery' forum at the time....

John.

Offline nitewatch

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024