Author Topic: Adelaide - Gynocomastia surgery - Consultation through to post op.  (Read 13727 times)

Offline aleksandar

• Posting Member
Ok,

so my surg is this week. I will write an update soon after. After years of research ... Waiting .. Saving...

I hope everything went well mate. I'm waiting for your detailed account of the whole experience.

Offline haroldbishop

• Posting Member
Alas, the final report.

Leading up to the day....
Before the surg I organized delivery of my comp vest (you have to have your waist and chest measurments ) transferred payments to sue vis Internet banking, paid anethatist ove the phone with credit card, spoke with the friendly staff at lonely about my arrival/stay, spoke with the anethetist about preparing for surg ie diet etc, spoke with sues nurse about my logistics etc,
The op occured on a Thursday. I was flying over by myself on the Wednesday night( as I was in early in the morning I did not want to risk airline canceling flight.. Does happen!!) and had found a hotel to stay in near the clinic. The plan was to walk to clinic in the morning (arrive 7 15am). After the op I was to return to the hotel, stay a night an fly home on Friday. I was going to be doing this by myself a my gf could not get time off. Lonely clinic were concerned about this and arranges a discounted overnight rate which enabled me to stay there and be monitored overnight as apposed to being in a hotel by myself. I took them up on this and it proved to be a fantastic decision. So as I flew from Adelaide on the Wednesday I had one night in a hotel, early rise and get to linley clinic, have op, stay overnight, visit sue friday lunchtime to get bandages removed and then fly back to Adelaide to recover. I had been quite busy leading up to the op but once I was in melb I was excited and nervous about the op. I took this photo of my gyne the day before surg ....

On the morning of the surg I arrived at linely at 7 15 am. I paid my final installment ( linely fee- theatre & overnight stay). The staff were friendly and showed mr to my nice little private room. We went through some logistics ie where stuff is, bed, tv etc . They letft me to undress and pit on my hospital gown and comp stockings. After settling in I lay down and accidentally dosed off. I was awoken by sue, she had come to say hello and draw around the area/ mark out where sh was going to operate. Check it....
Soon after I met my anethst and was heading down for surg, the op room was just like on tv. I lay down, they put in a needle/ drip thing.... After a bit of craic ..... Zzzzzzzzz

I awoke in recovery I think? And then again later in my room, my memory of this time is hazey to say the least. I remember looking down at my cheat the first time and seeing my compression vest on, loads of bandaging underneath and some tubes attached to little pots... As soon as I was able to walk I tool this photo......
Pain was non existant that whole day. As the drugs wore off discomfort was the main and only gripe I had. After eating loads and sleeping loads through out the day I felt awesome. Although at this stage I had no idea what my cheast looked like I was happy.
 between sleeps I ate loads... Linely staff were awesome! Bringing me coffee, crackers with cheese, dinner, dessert .. Was greAt as I was so hungry after surg! I watched a lot if tv into the night. The room is well equiped and my stay was so so good. I was travelling from interstate for this was going to be by myself. Staying in linely that night was the best decision I made! My gf would have been bored and j would have felt a bit like a burden to her if we stayed I a hotel that night so i recommend crashing in linely if it's practical. The tv has all channels you het with a set top box (abc2, go etc) so there is always something on. That night j could not sleep so I walked up and down the corridor a bit to get the legs moving.. And I had a few Milosz!! Here is a photo of the view I had from my bed. ... That nights sleep was average but comfortable. I had a few pain killers ( to helpe dose a bit) and the night staff vigalantly monitored my blood oxygen, blood pressure and drain amounts (Les than 15 ml in each).

« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 01:45:22 AM by haroldbishop »

Offline tdg

Thanks so much for posting this mate. I'm thinking about looking into this at the moment and are also in Adelaide.

Let us know how it's going for you post-op.

Offline ljames

Good work with the operation.

How are things now ? How long until you can take the vest off ?

A little off topic, but did  (or anyone else) research Dr Hamilton (Also located in glenelg) at all ? He has his own website and a section about gyno removal, yet I can't find any information on him around here. http://www.hamiltonhouse.com.au/

Offline rolls

• Posting Member
Could we get a follow up, I'd like to know how it went

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024