Author Topic: psilocybin mushrooms  (Read 6271 times)

Offline john897

Just wanted to let everyone know that psilocybin mushrooms DO cause gyne, and very suddenly as well.

-John

Offline scottq

• Posting Member
are these phycedlic shrooms? have any proof?

kicka

they are the trippin mushrooms yes and i got my brain well messed up for 6 months after a bad trip on these

not good!!

also ye any proof?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 10:35:01 PM by kicka »

Offline john897

Yes they are psychedelic mushrooms - the only proof I have is my personal experience.

Offline faust

• Posting Member
I find this highly doubtful.  Except for your experience, I have seen absolutely no evidence, scientific, anecdotal or otherwise to support this claim.  Psilocybin and Psilocin have very few physical effects even in the short run, and none or almost none in the long run.  Their danger is primarily psychological -- they have the potential to trigger latent mental illnesses, and bad trips can lead to personal crises (a la kicka's experience), but as far as we know they do almost nothing to your body.

Hormones can get out of whack for all kinds of reasons, and in many cases gyne is caused by no external factors at all.  Your experience is probably just a coincidence.  Out of curiosity, how old are you?  Did you start taking any new prescriptions around when you developed gyne?  What about alcohol/marijuana or steroid use?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 07:22:20 PM by faust »

Offline Billy21

• Posting Member
the use of drugs can and often will cause gyne!

Offline faust

• Posting Member
the use of drugs can and often will cause gyne!

That is a ridiculous blanket statement.  Aspirin is a drug.  Caffeine is a drug.  The Tylenol 3's your PS prescribes you are drugs (and are in the same class of drugs as heroin, I might add).  

I assume you are in this case using the term to apply exclusively to illegal drugs, but illegal drugs come from a vast array of families and classes of drugs, and have very different effects.  Their illegality is a human creation and says nothing about their relationship to gyne.

Some drugs certainly are correlated to gyne.  Some of these drugs are legal (alcohol, certain prescriptions), some are illegal (marijuana, steroids).  But to say simply that "drugs cause gyne" is, as I said before, a ridiculous and innaccurate generalization.

Offline john897

I believe that although it may not be the psilocybin itself, as it is only the active ingredient in the mushrooms.  Other chemicals that the contain may trigger receptors that release hormones.  Another reason I believe this is that another side effect after taking the mushrooms is shrinkage (temporary) of the genitals.  A tingling sensation was also present in the nipples.  Although the swelling went down by the next day, it did not go down completely.  No, I have not been taking any other drugs or medications.

Offline BringExtraDragons

• Bronze Member
  • Sometimes you get so alone it just makes sense.

I am sorry...but psilocybin causing gyne? that is absurd. It seems you are doing your own private study here but I think you might need some professional background before you blindly tell a forum Psilocybin will cause gyne. This was said above but its clearly true, there has been ZERO evidence on psilocin/psilocybin causing gyne.  

Gyne effects a good number of people in the world, just look at the chances. A lot of people take psychedelic mushrooms, A lot of people are effected by gynecomastia. But you shouldn't blame the mushrooms from the ground! Blame whacky hormones, steroids, obesity, IF any drug be cautious with excessive marijuana toking and loads of binge drinking.  

Anyway, psilocin/psilocybin toxins are in and out of your system within 24 hours or less ( unlike marijuana that tends to stick around for looooong periods of time )

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There have been several references to "Drug Use" and Gynecomastia here so I would like to put my oar in the water as well.

To the person who mentioned Tylenol 3's,  they do contain codiene which is derived from opium. This accounts for their classification. But this is not the class of drugs they connect with gynecomastia.

There are somewhat over 200 prescription preparations that have Gynecomastia as a possible side effect.  Of this group, The most common culprit mentioned here is Finasteride (Propecia or Proscar).  Closely followed by several steroid preparations.  

Of the illegal or street drugs; The type of steroids used by body builders is a major offender, as is marijuana.  In the first case, The steroid raises the testosterone level and the body responds by reducing the natural production of testosterone. Between cycles, Estrogen can become the dominant hormone for a time.  In the second case, Marijuana favors the conversion of testosterone into estrogen.  Either way the result is not what the user wanted.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 09:20:19 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline faust

• Posting Member
There have been several references to "Drug Use" and Gynecomastia here so I would like to put my oar in the water as well.

To the person who mentioned Tylenol 3's,  they do contain codiene which is derived from opium. This accounts for their classification. But this is not the class of drugs they connect with gynecomastia.

Paa_Paw:  I did not intend to imply that Aspirin, Caffeine, or Opiates have any relationship to gyne in my post and apologize for any lack of clarity.  My point with those examples was simply that the term "drug" has so many different meanings and connotations to so many different people that making statements like "the use of drugs can and often will cause gyne" can be dangerous and misleading.  With the Tylenol 3 example I was attempting to demonstrate that legal and illegal drugs can belong to the same classes and have similar effects; that illegality is a just that -- a legal creation -- and speaks nothing of their relation to gyne.  You are correct: opiates, whether it be the codeine in T3's or street heroin, have not been shown to be linked to gyne.

Again, sorry for being unclear.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024