Author Topic: (No Subject)  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Advent

• Posting Member
Hi, i have had this gyne thing since i was around 13. I am now 16, almost 17 and it is still the same size. I don't go out much, since i cant bare the embarassment with it.. i don't know what to do, i don't want to tell anyone about it but i want to get rid of it.. just reply back if you got any ideas on anything..

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Hi, i have had this gyne thing since i was around 13. I am now 16, almost 17 and it is still the same size. I don't go out much, since i cant bare the embarassment with it.. i don't know what to do, i don't want to tell anyone about it but i want to get rid of it.. just reply back if you got any ideas on anything..

Contact a local Plastic Surgeon and get a Gyne consutation.

Post a few pics...

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Jr.RivsHockey6

• Posting Member
Advent, did you tell your parents?

Offline johnri60626

• Posting Member
  Personally, I come here to see what I could do to make it less noticable to my friends, who seem more embarrassed about it than I am. Frankly, it doesn't embarrass me, as long as it doesn't bother them.
  I figure God, in his infinite wisdom, decided I need a pair of breasts for a reason, and he decided they should grow larger later in life for an equally unknown reason, but it doesn't bother me. I just go with it. those that can deal with it need to get over it, because it is mybody, and my life, but if I need to wear a shirt or vest, or whatever, to make them more comfortable, so be it, but frankly, after dealing with other surgeries in the past, I won't be opting to have it done, which is purely for cosmetic reasons.
   Surgeries are painful, make no mistake. If you think it is a one day deal, think again.  It will take months to get things back to being even close to as comfortable as you are now, and a couple of years before teh scar will get even close to being unnoticeable.
  You are still a teeenager and still going through puberty. You are not even done growing yet, so be patient. God isn't finished with you yet. I assure you, you, they will settle down, and in most likelyhood, will diminsish to a quite normal appearance. On the oter hand, if you go playing around with a work in progress, you could easily muck up a masterpiece.
   For my money, if you are uncomfortable, find a compression vest or shirt that will compress things and make a more uiform appearance. You will appreciate later, not messing with things too much right now. I had the same issues when I was your age, and things went away. It wasn't until I hit my 40's that things went haywire, but that is because of autoimmune disorders mucking with everything and causing my hormones to get just as whacked as your are now.
 Please be patient with yourself, and don't be embarrassed, even though I know how cruel teenagers can be to each other. Your lack of emarrassment will show a greater level of maturity than those who would cause you to be embarrassed.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 07:20:14 PM by johnri60626 »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Advent - I think you probably know what to do, it's doing it that's the problem. That can be hard.  :)  But living without doing anything will be harder.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 06:34:56 PM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024