Author Topic: Help!! Getting Fat!  (Read 1179 times)

Offline chansam

• Bronze Member
I am now 3 weeks post op today and a problem is developing.  I lost 30 lbs in the last 6 months and am much happier at this lighter body weight.  Unfortunately, because of surgery I haven't been going to the gym and I've been starting to eat more junk food without being able to burn much of it off.  Today for example, I had a chocolate bar and because it tasted so good I had another.  Then I ate meatloaf for dinner and felt super full!  After that I went to a friends house and lit up two cigarettes with some soda.  I still felt full at this point but when I got home I opened a bag of nacho cheese tortilla chips thinking I would eat a couple, but ended up finishing the whole bag!  Yikes!  This is not a good thing which is developing.  I'm itching to get back to the gym because going to the gym motivates me to say no to junk food because I don't want the hard work to go to waste.  But right now I'm a little weak and am using food to fill a need but end up feeling like shit because I ate so much.  I'm so afraid of getting back to my old weight yet I'm starting these unhealthy patterns.

Anyone have some ideas for me?  Can I start some workout routines 3 weeks post op?  I haven't tried running yet but I feel the sides of my chest are still swollen and don't want to create any problems for myself.

Help!

Thanks.

Offline realist85

• Posting Member
What you have to do it stop putting yourself in situations where you can indulge. Without upsetting other members of your household, get rid of all junk food and replace it with veggies, lean meats, beans, tofu, low carb/whole wheat grains, low fat dairy.

Walk wherever you can. If anything, set aside 30 minutes each day to stroll around.

Congrats on the surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024