Author Topic: Treatment other than surgery ?  (Read 3390 times)

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
Any typical treatments other than surgery. My wife figures all I need are hormones. I have C cups.

hammer

Nope, surgery is it, or a minimized bra to make them look smaller! There is no way to put this in reverse.

Bob aka Hammer

Offline xelnaga13

Agreed. A c cup is a significant amount of fat/glandular tissue. You may have an underlying hormonal condition that may need treatment, but this will not cure your gyno. Many guys have accepted their gyno and go on to live happy lives, others decide to get surgery.

Offline TigerPaws

Nope, surgery is it, or a minimized bra to make them look smaller! There is no way to put this in reverse.

Bob aka Hammer
As a well proportioned man with 38C's I 100% agree you are stuck with what you have. The solution is either a bilateral mastectomy or learn to live with what you have.

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
I know surgery is the only cure, just wanted to be able to prove it to my wife.

Offline TigerPaws

I know surgery is the only cure, just wanted to be able to prove it to my wife.
Not to sound indelicate but your wife needs to consider the ramifications and possible outcomes of a purely cosmetic surgery. Is she willing to risk your health and possibly your life for what is one of many possible outcomes? Gynecomastia will not kill you, it will not leave you physically disabled or scarred for life, while surgery might work out great the other possibility is that it will solve nothing and could leave you scarred for life, disabled or even dead.

If your wife is wiling to risk your life on something that offers no direct health benefits, what does that say about her and how she truly feels about you?

Food for thought.

Offline grotesk_uk

• Posting Member
Surgery could leave you dead? Really?

Is that because of a reaction to anaesthetic?

I want rid of my breasts but I am not sure I would risk my life for it. Actually, on other days I feel like killing myself because of them, so perhaps it is okay...

Offline TigerPaws

I want rid of my breasts but I am not sure I would risk my life for it. Actually, on other days I feel like killing myself because of them, so perhaps it is okay...
There are many possibilities, what you need to do is to research all possible outcomes, have a frank discussion with your wife as what you want and what the possible outcomes are. Then come to an informed reasonable and logical decision.

Having breasts is not as bad as you might think if your wife and family accept you for who you are, as your are. If on the other hand your wife is willing to risk your health and possibly your life for a purely cosmetic reason then perhaps you may want to reconsider your relationship?

As with all things the decision is yours and yours alone.

All success in coming to a decision as to what to do.

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member

surgery will not leave you dead!!! what are you talking about TP?

hammer

What he is talking about is, anytime a person goes under for surgery there is a risk of many things going wrong! Sometimes a person can even have a heart problem that is undetectable in the pre-op physical and the poor guy can have a heart attack while under!

It is always better if you can have surgery with local! I was awake for all mine except 9 hours of back surger, when my back was fussed. I haved had a total of 6 major surgeries now and looking at another when I get in insurance again.

Being awake is a real experience to have! While one of my prosthetic knees was being installed my butt was slamming against the surgery table! I asked the surgeon why, he asked if it hurt, I said no, he said he was setting the glue that goes in the hole that is drilled into the upper leg bone before the new knee is inserted into the hole and screwed in! The new part has a very tight fit and needed to be pounded in.

Now being awake on that one and others gave me a chance to learn that and many other things that went on in the room while I had these surgies, and it was much safer for my health as well!

I do not beleive that one can be awake for gynecomastia surgery, I could be wrong! But this is what TigerPaws is referring to, and after the surgery is the risks of infections of course and the other questions that begs to be answered. Are you going to be happy with the out come? There have been many that have been on this forum, however, there have been a lot that have not been as well! So that is something to keep in mind too, as that is a lot of money to put out, and if you have a family to support it makes it that much harder to make up ones mind if someone else is not paying for it.

Hope this helps explaine things!

Bob aka Hammer
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:28:11 PM by hammer »

Offline jazzer

• Posting Member
...Gynecomastia will not kill you, it will not leave you physically disabled or scarred for life, while surgery might work out great the other possibility is that it will solve nothing and could leave you scarred for life, disabled or even dead.

If your wife is wiling to risk your life on something that offers no direct health benefits...
Food for thought.[/color]

I think the above comments are a little over the top. There is risk in just crossing the street. And improving psychological well being is certainly within the realm of health benefits. Everything is a risk in life. I am extremely grateful I had my operation. Everyone I know has said how much I've changed. Well, it was certainly worth the infinitesimal amount of risk to me.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Size is not the measure of how bad Gynecomastia is. The only measure that matters is the amount of emotional impact the condition has on you.

This is not a "one size fits all" condition. There are many men who are not significantly affected by  having enlarged breasts and many others whe suffer depression and social isolation as a result of it.

There is no wrong answer, but there is one answer that is more right for you. If the condition truly bothers you then you will find a way to have the surgery.

In my case, I have other priorities so I still have mine. Your mileage may vary etc.
Grandpa Dan

Offline TigerPaws

Size is not the measure of how bad Gynecomastia is. The only measure that matters is the amount of emotional impact the condition has on you.

This is not a "one size fits all" condition. There are many men who are not significantly affected by  having enlarged breasts and many others whe suffer depression and social isolation as a result of it.

There is no wrong answer, but there is one answer that is more right for you. If the condition truly bothers you then you will find a way to have the surgery.

In my case, I have other priorities so I still have mine. Your mileage may vary etc.

Agreed!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024