Author Topic: What dose of Tamoxifen  (Read 3812 times)

Offline maxpower

• Posting Member
I am taking Tamoxifen right now.  I heard taking 20mg a day would be sufficient, but nothing happened so I upped it to 80 for a month, then 60 for a month.  My question:  Is this healthy?  Also, how should I spread the dose out?  All at one time or throughout the day?  I have 20mg pills.  Any other tips to help my somewhat mild gyno?  I'm 11% bodyfat 5'10 and 195 lbs with extra fat around nipples and a small lump behind each nipple.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Unless there is a clinical reason for using that specific drug, you could mess up your hormones permanently and actually make your Gynecomastia worse.

Do it right and see a doctor.
Grandpa Dan

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
taking nolvadex (tamoxifen) as an attempt to rid yourself of preexisting gyno is futile. it's not going to have any significant impact and taking anything in the SERMs class of drugs (ie tamoxifen/clomid/etc) makes you more prone to blood clots.

like paa_paw said, unless there's a clinical reason for your use i would discontinue.

i wouldn't worry about any long term hormonal disruption from it though... if anything you'll probably see a little acne while your normal hormone levels adjust

Offline brm

• Bronze Member
Moobius and Paw paw, would you be so flat regarding the treatment of a recent case of gyno with Tamox? What odds for success?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 04:32:39 PM by brm »

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
Moobius and Paw paw, would you be so flat regarding the treatment of a recent case of gyno with Tamox? What odds for success?

tamox is not a treatment for gyne... it is a treatment for high estrogen levels that are stimulating breast tissue growth.

if high estrogen levels are causing progression of gynecomastia then tamox would be an effective agent to slow/stop further development, but it will not cause an already developed gland to regress in any significant way

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024