Author Topic: My photography.  (Read 4006 times)

Offline taxmapper

This is a scene off an edge face in the Ojito Wilderness near San Ysidro NM.
Wow! This one is one of my favorites. I can't really tell just from one view, but the rock outcrop might just be the edge of a pretty significant fault line. Fairly recent one Geologically speaking judging by erosion. Adding the colors in the foreground acquired by hydrothermal mineralizations.
I really 😍 this one!
Wish I had the coordinates to look it up on google.
Here is the BLM website on the area.    https://www.blm.gov/visit/ojito-wilderness-area
The Ojito is within a region of volcanic up shifts, and the area is on the other side of a rift that creates the Jemez Mountains. That picture is facing east. 

I Haven't finished processing the ones west! 

Offline taxmapper

Really nice pics taxmapper. It's great to see what other lands look like.

You mentioned kangaroos - they're bloody well everywhere! Murramarang, NSW.
This is a beach area... Where abouts is that? 

Brdy64

This is a scene off an edge face in the Ojito Wilderness near San Ysidro NM.
Wow! This one is one of my favorites. I can't really tell just from one view, but the rock outcrop might just be the edge of a pretty significant fault line. Fairly recent one Geologically speaking judging by erosion. Adding the colors in the foreground acquired by hydrothermal mineralizations.
I really 😍 this one!
Wish I had the coordinates to look it up on google.
Here is the BLM website on the area.    https://www.blm.gov/visit/ojito-wilderness-area
The Ojito is within a region of volcanic up shifts, and the area is on the other side of a rift that creates the Jemez Mountains. That picture is facing east.

I Haven't finished processing the ones west!
35.54513472, -106.8666667

Cool, I'll look the area up on my faultline maps. You have sparked my interest. 

Thank you very much!

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Really nice pics taxmapper. It's great to see what other lands look like.

You mentioned kangaroos - they're bloody well everywhere! Murramarang, NSW.
This is a beach area... Where abouts is that?
It's about a 4-hour drive south of Sydney. It is right in front of a holiday park but the beach itself is a bit crappy. Past the point is much nicer.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Hey, do you guys have Silo Art over there? Here are some examples, all in northwest VIC.

Brdy64

Hey, do you guys have Silo Art over there? Here are some examples, all in northwest VIC.
I have never seen it around here in Texas. It is really nice!
They do have the sides of buildings painted up, I'll see if I can snap some pictures while on the bus. 

Offline taxmapper

YES!   

In NM its all over the place, but not so much silos as water towers. Once you head toward the Texas side of things (near Portales) its there. In the Rio Grande corridor (central NM) it mostly buildings and the water tanks. (we do have towers, but most are wells.) 

Ill have to get out and show a few, but haven't done too much. We also have the Las Crucitas aka Descanso (roadside crosses et-al) that's more umbiquous to here. 

Thanks for the idea.. I may have to do just that. 

Thanks Evolver. 

Upfront

A very special place .
The low lying Holy Island (aka Lindisfarne)
Only accessible via tidal causeway. Many cars overtaken by speed current - refuge towers for those on foot
Home to St Cuthbert and many of the Celtic saints - Most famous for the scriptorium tha produced the highly ornate Lindisfarne gospels.
Scene of many Viking incursions
Pictures show harbour and castle

Brdy64

Very beautiful place!
Keep them coming 😁

I have quite a few distance relatives in the UK. I just never brought myself to visit. 

Offline taxmapper

A very special place .
The low lying Holy Island (aka Lindisfarne)
Only accessible via tidal causeway. Many cars overtaken by speed current - refuge towers for those on foot
Home to St Cuthbert and many of the Celtic saints - Most famous for the scriptorium tha produced the highly ornate Lindisfarne gospels.
Scene of many Viking incursions
Pictures show harbour and castle

Gorgous!!!

Offline taxmapper

Station Guard. 
Taken in the Ojito Wilderness

Brdy64

Station Guard.
Taken in the Ojito Wilderness

Beautiful countryside. 

Upfront

A favourite beach walk.Part of the beach at Holkham hall Estate.+Wife  with our Cavalier King Charles spaniel

Brdy64

A favourite beach walk.Part of the beach at Holkham hall Estate.+Wife  with our Cavalier King Charles spaniel
Wow! Very nice beach. 
Keep the photos coming! 

Brdy64

Quick picture while on the bus of the infamous 'Route 66'. 
Not much to see anymore, it's pretty run down. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024