Author Topic: 2nd surgery (revision) is a SUCCESS!  (Read 3621 times)

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Hello all, it's been a while since I've been on the boards... but, for those of you that don't know me (probably most by now) I've been on these boards for the last 3-4 years.

I had my 1st op with Dr. Dr. Sanders in Encino, CA back in early 2003.  My surgery consisted of bilateral excision and UAL. The surgery was about a 70% success, give or take 15%. The UAL was highly successful at reducing the overall breast fullness (fat), but the doc didn't excise enough of the gland out of each side. Thus, both sides still had moderately puffy nips.

I finally had a revision with Dr. Sanders and I think I am now totally good to go. I'm only 1 week post op, but by the looks of things I think I am going to be VERY HAPPY. And, I'm not always an easy person to please... especially with this.

Sanders didn't charge a surgical fee for the revision, but I did have to pay $1,000 for "the operating room fee." He said this was just for the supplies, etc., and I partially believe him. It covered the anasthesia and other things.

At first, he tried to talk me out of a revision, but I think that was more because he wasn't going to be paid for it. But, because I was educated and knowledgeable about gyne and the procedure, I didn't let him off. I persisted. Eventually, he relented and gave me the touch up.

This is a huge deal. If a surgeon tells you that "you will be flat" and "look excellent," then they are making a promise to you... that sounds like a guarantee to me. You are selecting a physician based not only on his credentials, but also on his professional opinion on how your surgery is likely to end up. If he misses the mark by not removing enough tissue, then that was a preventable error and they should be called on the carpet. But, if your result truly is the best that could be done... then you should be willing to live with it.

Me, I still felt a large amount of glandular tissue underneath each areola. And, as a result, both of my areolas were quite puffy. I still could not pass the "white T-shirt test." It was noticeably better than before, but still not "flat" and "excellent."

Now, I agree that I am flat and will look excellent. What a huge relief. I've lived with this condition since I was about 12 or 13. I've always been in good muscular shape, so it didn't affect me as much as it would have if I was fat and soft. But, it still inhibited me whenever I was in a "shirtless place (beach, pool, etc.).

I'm still wearing my compression vest, but even before the shower I notice that I can walk around the house here and not be concerned AT ALL about how my chest looks. I can't express enough how great a feeling that is. Normally, whenever my shirt is off I'm always worrying about my chest... how does it look... are my nips hard or all puffed out, etc. What a drag! Now I can just walk around and forget about it.

Can you believe that we walk around with this huge weight (pardon the pun) on our chests year after year? What a complete waste of time and energy. Nobody should have to deal with that.

My recommendation is to get it taken care of... that is, if you cannot "just live with it." I couldn't "just live with it." I wish I could have. I wish I wasn't so vain. Life is more than a body, but perhaps it has to do with the constant bombardment of messages from the TV and Hollywood that we have to look a certain way.

I don't consider gynecomastia correction surgery to be "vain." It is in a whole different league than rhinoplasty (nose job), breast augmentation (boob job), etc. Those procedures are simply meant to accentuate superficial beauty.
Gyne surgery is all about normalcy. As I've said before, a man getting his gyne corrected is the same as a woman getting her 6-inch clitoris corrected. What woman would want to live with a pen|s? What woman would be comfortable in a bathing suit at the beach with "a package?"

That's it, guys. Nugs don't belong on men, just like dongs don't belong on women. PERIOD.

That's my take on it, anyways.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 06:57:00 AM by STILLgotIT »

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
so glad to hear man...im going to be persistant when i see my PS about doing a revision. I got lipo only and there is still gland tissue under my nipples, creating a cone shape that is unacceptable.
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline bogieman

• Posting Member
please see your pm-
also how do i check mine for your anticipated response?

Offline tsjas

• Bronze Member
I am very happy for you and I hope that somebody I can be in the same position as you.

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
  • Everythings Bigger In Texas
That's nice to hear. I agree with you completely.

Over the past couple of years, I've been in sports and such, but I havent put in any effort at home. The result is obvious...I'm overweight.
I had an epiphany at my consultation with my PS. I wanted to be in shape, I'm sick of having the "fat" label plastered all over me. Even though I'm much more fortunate than obese people. So, I've got on here to get some help with getting in shape, and with my gyne.

I just hope my PS is doing all the correct things. From what I recall from the consultation, the hard tissue, along with some fat, will be gone from my breast. Leaving it open to shape with muscle.

Anyways, congrats man, I hope I have a success story after my first surgery.
Man Boobs Gone In 3 Weeks.
Hopefully It All Works Out.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
please see your pm-
also how do i check mine for your anticipated response?

bogieman, check your PMs in the top right of the screen... I've replied to you.

Everyone else... THANKS. If you are in the LA area, or close to it and don't mind travelling, Dr. Sanders is a great surgeon.

I'll post before and after pics when they're available. And I'll change my screenname to AINTgotIT.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 06:45:15 AM by STILLgotIT »

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
"What woman would be comfortable in a bathing suit at the beach with "a package?"

Very true, congratulations on your revision

Offline snugs

• Posting Member
I don't consider gynecomastia correction surgery to be "vain." It is in a whole different league than rhinoplasty (nose job), breast augmentation (boob job), etc. Those procedures are simply meant to accentuate superficial beauty.
Gyne surgery is all about normalcy. As I've said before, a man getting his gyne corrected is the same as a woman getting her 6-inch clitoris corrected. What woman would want to live with a pen|s? What woman would be comfortable in a bathing suit at the beach with "a package?"

That's it, guys. Nugs don't belong on men, just like dongs don't belong on women. PERIOD.

Excellent point.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
STILLgotIT....

Congrats Dude!  ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Blarneystoner

• Gyne sucks
good luck and god speed  ;)
Please, Jesus, make my gyne go away!

Offline NoMoreBoobies

• Posting Member
So almost after 3 years he was still willing to do a revision?  That's great!  I know that my right nipple needs fixing, but it has only been about 8 months and my surgeon keeps insisting that it isn't breast tissue but scar tissue and I know there is a small hard lump. I'm gonna wait a little bit longer, go back again and tell him I want a revision.  How did you aproach your doctor with wanting it done?

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
I had gotten the commitment from him for a revision about a year after surgery. But, I kept having to postpone. Finally, I was able to make the appt.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024