Author Topic: How to get to Karidis from London Euston/Watford Junction?  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
Hello mates. I booked my consultation to see Dr. Karidis after 2 years of browsing this site but the problem is I've never been to London so I don't know how to get to him lol. I really don't understand the underground system from what I've looked at online so if someone can explain it to me in laymans terms will be much appreciated.

My consultation is on the 2nd of Feb and I'd be lookin to book the surgery there and then. But how do I get to St.Johns hospital from the train station? Which station should I get off at, Euston or Watford Junction? Should I get a day pass for the tube?

Thanks

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
Also guys will I be able to come home the same day after I've had the surgery?

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
Hi Birmingham, I posted a thread a few pages back titled Traveling to London from N West don't be put off or something similar, might be of use, ignore prices as you can get some real cheap tickets if you time it right. Brief detail how I made it for consultation then my op.

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
Birmingham,

Get off at Watford Junction?? Don't do that, you'll almost be closer to Birmingham  :D

I came from Birmingham New Street too. In my opinion going to Marylebone is the easiest option. The trains go every 20-30 minutes and there are no changes. Paddington involves a change.

Buy an underground ticket to Zone 2 (£4.30) and head down to the underground. The trains will run every 3 or 4 minutes so don't worry bout missing a train. Hop on the Bakerloo south line and get off at the next stop, Baker Street. Then hop on the Jubilee north line and get off again at the very next stop, St. John's Wood. Takes 5 minutes.

It's no much harder to go from Paddington or Euston, all 3 require 1 change but the journeys are longer and you'll travel through 6 or 7 more stops before you get to St. John's Wood, whereas from Marylebone it's the first stop. I'd imagine that'd be important to someone who's never been on the underground before.

If you're really that daunted by it though, you could go from Birmingham New Stop to West Hampstead. West Hampstead underground is already on the Jubilee line so you wouldn't need to change lines underground. From there it's just two stops to St. John's Wood. However, it's 2 changes from New Street to West Hampstead and I'd imagine they don't run as frequently as they do to London's major stations.

From St. John's Wood, it's a 30 second walk over the road to the hospital.

I guess it depends on whether you want to make changes on national rail or the tube. Like I said though, I'd go to Marylebone.

Good luck dude  ;)

Offline improving

• Silver Member
I was meant to have a consultation with Karadis last week but something came up and sadly i had to cancel. I'll have to re-arrange another soon. I'm from Birmingham.

My plan was to get a train to Euston, then see how much the taxi to the hospital would be? would that be mega expensive? just thought it may be easier.

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
It cost me £8 to get from St John's Wood to just inside Camden (post op) in a taxi, probably a smaller distance. I dunno, I'm just telling you the quickest and cheapest way to get there. This is what the tube is for  ???

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024