Author Topic: Scar tissue or not  (Read 5148 times)

Offline Barathrum

• Posting Member
Hi,
These are my photos taken after 2 days of my surgery. It was done on last week of april,2018. I was more than delighted.

But,
now, I have started feeling my results are slowly fading away and i am inching again towards the black hole day by day. I am attaching the 4 months post OP pics, taken on 20th August 2018, in the following trail.

Pls advice.

Offline Barathrum

• Posting Member
I am attaching 4 months post OP results. Pls advice. I am losing my calm day by day now.
The results have started deteriorating day by day after 2nd month. I am unsure whether this is due to scar tissue build up or returning of gynecomastia.
Need your valuable suggestions.

Offline src5tt

General consensus is that if it was flat post surgery it’s more than likely scar tissue build up. I had a similar situation about 3 months in and have had a few kenalog shots which have gotten it down to post surgery level flatness. Good luck! I know how frustrating it can be.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If you were flat and even after surgery and then begin to notice some growth under the areolas some months afterwards, then the problem is most likely scar tissue.  Unfortunately, there is no way to know who will develop this problem (it doesn't happen to every patient) and there is no way to prevent it from occurring if you don't know who is going to get it and who isn't going to get it.
Fortunately, given your scenario, the most probably diagnosis is scar tissue and it is treatable with injections of cortisone.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Barathrum

• Posting Member
hi doc,
I haven't gone for the injection till now but I am attaching the latest photo for your review.Pls advice

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry, one photo doesn't do it.  I cannot offer any advice except to return to your surgeon for evaluation and possible treatment.

Dr Jacobs

Offline KP

• Posting Member
Well at least ur chest now is symmetric to your overall body.
Do you expect to have a flat chest while being overweight?
You need to hit the gym up bro, surgery alone will not fix all your problems. The doc took the fat away now its ur turn to get in shape and tone up. This is exactly what my surgeon told me. 

Offline Barathrum

• Posting Member
Thanks Dr.Jacob and KP for taking time to look into my post.

Offline gemidude

• Bronze Member
Your case look similar to mine. I had glands removed. But then developed excess skin and volume in the axila area. I’m having a skin excision done in a couple of weeks. I don’t think your weight is the issue here. You also may have scar tissue, but I’ve found a lot of doctors are reluctant to give kenalog injections for this. My advice is not to settle for mediocre results, you paid a lot of money for this procedure!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024