Author Topic: Where are bra reviews by men?  (Read 2937 times)

justwayne

I've been wearing bras for some time now. While looking online at reviews, their all from women. OK, there have been a few male reviews but they are very very few and very far in between.

That might save alot of guys some heartache before putting the money out. When I first started thinking about wearing a bra, my wife measured me and we decided I would just buy and then try. Well, that made for a lot of returns and money spent needlessly. Yes, I should have had a professional fitting etc. I just wasn't ready for that. My wife measured me and I just kept buying then trying until I found what actually fit correctly, was comfortable,  and made my shape look right.

Is there "a" place where men can get honest and good reviews of bras worn by men?

Many men, such as myself, have breasts that need support, too and should be part of the bra market. Just wondering. What are your thoughts?

Offline Bosh808

• Posting Member
There should be a sticky for this topic. I've seen a few reviews on Amazon from men and I've also left couple reviews my self.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Her Room has a whole section consisting of reviews just from men:

Lingerie Tips for Men - HerRoom

The bra reviews start about 2/3 down the page, or click the bra link in the index at the top.

justwayne

Awesome, I'll dig further into Amazon and check out Her Room.  I hope this helps any men who are trying to decide on which bra to buy. Thanks
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 06:55:15 AM by justwayne »

Offline Johndoe1

I have found that many women have many of the same issues we do. The problem seems to be that so many women don't understand bras or how they work fit. The ones that do, have been a God send to help figure out which bra I should be looking at and which ones to ignore. 

First thing I have found is you need to determine what type breasts you have. No two breasts are the same from person to person and this will determine what style bras to be looking at. Second get your proper band size. 80% of support comes from the band not the straps. The band should be very snug but not uncomfortable. If underwire, the gore, the bridge between the cups should rest firmly on the sternum. If not, it's not the correct size or style. This is a fine line and is individually dependant. Either way, if the band moves vertically or horizontally under normal body movement, the band is too loose. Then after you get your proper band, then determine the cup size. The cup should encase the breast without space between the cup and breast and the tissue shouldn't be trying to escape. It should fit smoothly around the breast.

These are the points you should be looking at in reviews as well as when you are buying bras.

Most time gynecomastic men will have wideset and shallow breasts. This means the breasts sit far apart and cleavage is difficult to achieve (wideset) and there will be very little tissue above the nipple (shallow). It's also sometimes called full on bottom (FOB) if the breasts sit closer together for cleavage.

You would be surprised how few women know these few basics and why 80% wear the wrong size bra and complain all the time. I am thankful my bra fitter took the time to go through and explain this to me using real bras to make her point. It has saved me time, money and pain and embarrassment. I think that's why I am able to successfully wear underwire bras in a male mode and not be noticed. 

Just my observation. YMMV 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

justwayne

I have found that many women have many of the same issues we do. The problem seems to be that so many women don't understand bras or how they work fit. The ones that do, have been a God send to help figure out which bra I should be looking at and which ones to ignore.

First thing I have found is you need to determine what type breasts you have. No two breasts are the same from person to person and this will determine what style bras to be looking at. Second get your proper band size. 80% of support comes from the band not the straps. The band should be very snug but not uncomfortable. If underwire, the gore, the bridge between the cups should rest firmly on the sternum. If not, it's not the correct size or style. This is a fine line and is individually dependant. Either way, if the band moves vertically or horizontally under normal body movement, the band is too loose. Then after you get your proper band, then determine the cup size. The cup should encase the breast without space between the cup and breast and the tissue shouldn't be trying to escape. It should fit smoothly around the breast.

These are the points you should be looking at in reviews as well as when you are buying bras.

Most time gynecomastic men will have wideset and shallow breasts. This means the breasts sit far apart and cleavage is difficult to achieve (wideset) and there will be very little tissue above the nipple (shallow). It's also sometimes called full on bottom (FOB) if the breasts sit closer together for cleavage.

You would be surprised how few women know these few basics and why 80% wear the wrong size bra and complain all the time. I am thankful my bra fitter took the time to go through and explain this to me using real bras to make her point. It has saved me time, money and pain and embarrassment. I think that's why I am able to successfully wear underwire bras in a male mode and not be noticed.

Just my observation. YMMV
Very good information! it took me trial and error. I wish I had known that when I began shopping for bras.

gmast

If you are looking for reviews that would help men specifically, good luck.  Most reviews that pertain to fit are mostly worthless, even to women.  Reviews are seldom specific to breast shape.  At best they indicate if the bra runs big or small relative to someones perceived size.  It is not uncommon to see post that they the bra is big and others say small because they aren't going by the manufacturers sizing method.  Even then, if a bra is runs small, many people don't even indicate if that means small in the band, or small in the cup.  If they posted their measurements and the bra size they tried it would help, but that is uncommon.    

aboywithgirls

I have been wearing a bras for over 30 years and I still don't have them mastered. I know my boob basics. 

I am wide rooted, narrow set and FOB ( full on bottom). My Starting point for my bra size is a 36H UK sizing. My go to brand in Elomi bras. The underwires are  wider than most which fits my boobs. The cups give me a nice rounded shape and I don't end up with gapping at the top of the cup. It's not as critical with molded cups but, I also wear a lot of lace cup bras and the gapping causes wrinkles in certain tops.

A bra and lingerie shop is still your best bet to get a bra that fits. You can get professionally measured and fitted.

justwayne

I have been wearing a bras for over 30 years and I still don't have them mastered. I know my boob basics.
I like that. After my trials and errors, I do know my boob basics!  

Offline blad

Reviews are very limiting compared to actually fitting in person.
If the bra fits, wear it.

bikerbob

I have not posted any reviews, but I buy my bras almost exclusively from herroom.com.  They have no problem selling to men but most of their male customers are admitted cross dressers.  They moved the male reviews to their own section because a lot of women were getting creeped out seeing bra and panty reviews by men, which I kind of get.  That said, the owner of herroom is aware that we are out there and that we buy bras because we need them.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
I have not posted any reviews, but I buy my bras almost exclusively from herroom.com.  They have no problem selling to men but most of their male customers are admitted cross dressers.  They moved the male reviews to their own section because a lot of women were getting creeped out seeing bra and panty reviews by men, which I kind of get.  That said, the owner of herroom is aware that we are out there and that we buy bras because we need them.
That's something about the Her Room reviews that I hadn't considered. I have read most of the male feedback reviews and definitely noticed the ones where the customer states that they have gynecomastia, but didn't realize at the time that probably 95% of them didn't and that they bought a bra for a different reason.

Offline Goodnplenty

• Bronze Member
Abrathatfits on reddit is peppered with male reviews and questions.  The women there will give advice to men with sincere questions.  Also Elisabeth Dale has written several articles addressing men's needs for bras.

Offline Johndoe1

Elisabeth Dale has been a real supporter of men with gynecomastia who wear bras for support. She has written several articles about how bra manufactures are overlooking the gynecomastia bra wearer and how society in general needs to change toward breasts in general.

justwayne

Abrathatfits on reddit is peppered with male reviews and questions.  The women there will give advice to men with sincere questions.  Also Elisabeth Dale has written several articles addressing men's needs for bras.
Thanks Goodnplenty. This is what a lot of men need. To be helped through the crazy world of gynecomastia! There's only two options. Get rid of them or keep them. If a man is going to keep them, he's going to need some help. Even though I had already accepted my breast growth some time back, I still glad that I found this forum. This is exactly what it's for.

I've had a couple of guys at work, who admitted noticing my gyne (as if no one could tell), pull me aside and ask questions for themselves. I give them my experience and try to give the best answers I can but they really need more than just my experience and/or my opinion.

Here, they'll have that. If they choose surgery, they can check out that part of the forum as well as Acceptance if they choose to live with it and everything in between. I've told them about this site but they haven't told me if they've joined, yet.

Thanks for the information. This helps me also when men ask me the same questions.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024