Author Topic: Painful part of gyno surgery - lipo vs gland  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Mike12345

• Posting Member
Any advice much appreciated from people who have had it done. I've read that it's the aggresive liposuction that causes the real pain, and that gland excision only is a breeze. Is that true? I can certainly believe it watching videos of both over the last few months.

It looks like the real bruising, arm restriction and nerve trauma actually comes from that cannula being forced through all parts of the tissue.

I've got mild gyno and I'm around 15% body fat so I'm not sure I need lipo at all.

Offline KP

• Posting Member
Hi Mike,
I had the Gyno surgery almost 2 weeks ago. I mostly had the gland excision and little bit of lipo, honestly I'm not really sure about how much lipo I had because the doctor didn't go into details about the operation besides how my chest contour would and ect. However, he was very experienced and my results after were amazing to say the least.
First couple of days are rough and its better to have support from someone to help you out with things. It gets better as the days go by but man Im already tired of feeling the discomfort, I do have a low pain tolerance as well.
I didn't have much bruising but I did have swelling. The swelling will be very common and the bruising will disappear after a week or so.

I also had type 2, most common type. 

Offline Mike12345

• Posting Member
Hi Mike,
I had the Gyno surgery almost 2 weeks ago. I mostly had the gland excision and little bit of lipo, honestly I'm not really sure about how much lipo I had because the doctor didn't go into details about the operation besides how my chest contour would and ect. However, he was very experienced and my results after were amazing to say the least.
First couple of days are rough and its better to have support from someone to help you out with things. It gets better as the days go by but man Im already tired of feeling the discomfort, I do have a low pain tolerance as well.
I didn't have much bruising but I did have swelling. The swelling will be very common and the bruising will disappear after a week or so.

I also had type 2, most common type.

Superb results! Very happy for you man :-)

Got any before pics? Who did you end up going with?

Offline KP

• Posting Member
Thank You very much Mike! I feel blessed and thankful that everything so far has turned out to my exceptions. 

Here are some pictures of before and after. Lol dam computer keeps asking me to convert them to Jpg....pain in the ass.

Im sure you get the picture after looking at these.
I noticed extra fat on my chest at 18 and it progressively got worse with age and weight gain. Even when I was 153 benching 210 I still had boobs. Finally this year after some comments from close and random people I had enough. I saved up money went through the steps. To me this is one of biggest accomplishments I have completed in life. Im so glad I pulled the trigger and went through with this procedure. Everyone has their own reasons and its ultimately up to you.
Message me anytime if you need advice.

Wish you the best. Good luck

Offline Mike12345

• Posting Member
Thank You very much Mike! I feel blessed and thankful that everything so far has turned out to my exceptions.

Here are some pictures of before and after. Lol dam computer keeps asking me to convert them to Jpg....pain in the ass.

Im sure you get the picture after looking at these.
I noticed extra fat on my chest at 18 and it progressively got worse with age and weight gain. Even when I was 153 benching 210 I still had boobs. Finally this year after some comments from close and random people I had enough. I saved up money went through the steps. To me this is one of biggest accomplishments I have completed in life. Im so glad I pulled the trigger and went through with this procedure. Everyone has their own reasons and its ultimately up to you.
Message me anytime if you need advice.

Wish you the best. Good luck

It's certainly a brilliant result. What surprises me is how people's skin seems to retract. I'd have thought excess skin would need removing for even minor gyno (puffy nips).

I sent you a pm with a few questions. Hope your recovery is great, and congrats on having the balls to get it done.

Offline KP

• Posting Member
This is from the medical facility I got my surgery from. The explain about the skin issues.
No skin removal is needed for Grades I and II but often the surgery will include liposuction of the adjacent fat as well as direct glandular removal in a technique called “en bloc” or total glandular excision. Liposuction alone rarely works for any grade of gynecomastia.
For Grades II and IV some skin removal will be needed in addition toe gland and fate removal.
The location and extent of the scar is dependent on both the amount of skin removal needed and surgeon preference for one type or another. In extreme cases the nipple may need to reduced and grafted into the correct position but with no significant negative impact on the visual aspects of the final result.

https://polyclinicplasticsurgery.com/services/male-services/#male-body

« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 05:03:11 PM by KP »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024