Author Topic: New Resource - Body Shaping Compression Vests  (Read 18498 times)

Offline hash

• Posting Member
I'm not sure if im differentianting the difference between the "vest" and the "shirts" that are on sale in ebay.

I usually buy the small under-shirts (wife beaters if you will) and put them in the dryer when they get too loose.

However, because I don't have a set posture ( I hunch and stand up straight constantly) the shirt becomes untucked or loose in the process.

My nipples are pretty strong I must add and I have a barrell chest and broad shoulders.

I didn't see a price for the vest that the Dr. posted....

and what about the shirt on ebay?  will that get loose in a week (please only respond if you have the shirt)

and I did hear someone mention the small Under-Armour shirt....how much do these run?

Offline tim77

• Posting Member
i have used vests like these. they're very very tight at first. hard to get on. but they slacken up.

they have given me a good amount of cofidence, but they don't make the doubt go away. in fact in time you start to becoe more and more concious about them.

it's been okay to do me until surgery.

Offline xmeout

• Posting Member
bought the ebay one for $20 plus shipping ($5) it works real good . Few months ago tried Veronique $100. not any better but it was a little too short. A small uder armore $25 works good too but you can tell I'm wearing it.

DrBermant

I'm not sure if im differentianting the difference between the "vest" and the "shirts" that are on sale in ebay.

I usually buy the small under-shirts (wife beaters if you will) and put them in the dryer when they get too loose.

However, because I don't have a set posture ( I hunch and stand up straight constantly) the shirt becomes untucked or loose in the process.

My nipples are pretty strong I must add and I have a barrell chest and broad shoulders.

I didn't see a price for the vest that the Dr. posted....

and what about the shirt on ebay?  will that get loose in a week (please only respond if you have the shirt)

and I did hear someone mention the small Under-Armour shirt....how much do these run?

All of these products do no survive the dryer or hot water washing.  Even the garments we use lose their elastic strength when patients do not follow the washing instructions.  

The difference in the garments I have evaluted at meetings and those brought to me by various patients from other doctors or stores is that for these garments, the compression is better, the compression fabric continues to compress for months, the construction seems better with less fraying and broken seams.  

i have used vests like these. they're very very tight at first. hard to get on. but they slacken up.

they have given me a good amount of cofidence, but they don't make the doubt go away. in fact in time you start to becoe more and more concious about them.

it's been okay to do me until surgery.

These garments do not make the problem go away nor do they restore instant confidence that has been stressed by years of concern.  They are a temporary confidence boost for those not enjoying themselves as much or refraining from activities that might help them lose weight.  That is what patients who have been wearing the garments have told me.

Using compression is not new, it is old and has been around for centuries.  What is NEW is a demonstration of the difference of various problems and what effect the garment has on the body shape in clinical photographs.  I know of no study showing the value of non-surgical compression for contour nor of a series of clinical pictures.  Others in my field have also told me that they know of no other demonstration.

I have added another page with movies this time.

Movies and video of gynecomastia in motion with and without compression.

You will need to click on the link for either WMV or QuickTime for your viewing, the QuickTime works better from what I can see.  

How effective is the video?  Comments appreciated.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 02:01:35 PM by DrBermant »

Offline cybertit

• Posting Member
  • Surg. Aug 05...Got rev. Apr. 06...Still have breasts!
I personally started using the "under armour" and similar shirts after my surgery almost a year now and they work great and even after months of use they dont really loose there shape at all. I now use them mostly for working out but also use them as undershirts as they are barely noticeable other than the collar and allow me to feel comfortable in tight shirts till my gyno is fully gone.

Offline oldgynodude

• Posting Member
I also like the underarmour compression shirts. I also bought a Nike compression shirt at Big 5, but the underarmour ones are much more snug and feel better (tighter support). I bought a size smaller, usually I get a large but for the underarmour I got a medium.

DrBermant

Offline tiredofthelies

• Bronze Member
  • Gabba Gabba We Accept You
those are great. how do i order them?

DrBermant

Which size should I order?  I wear some medium and some large shirts which seem to both fit me.  I do not want something too loose or too tight.

I'm 6'2, 175lbs, 32-33inches waiste, and I'm an ectomorph who bodybuilds, so I'm just a bit wider than an average model of an ectomorph. 

The After Gynecomastia Surgery Vest can be a powerful tool for recovery, but it can cause problems such as too much pressure that compromises the blood supply to tissue.

The tightness of the Stage One After Gynecomastia Surgery Vest and

Stage Two After Gynecomastia Surgery Vest can be so important, I prefer to fit each of my own patients myself before surgery.  It is rare that I vary from my initial fitting.  Such questions should be directed to your own doctor.

For Non-Surgical Body Conturing and Compression, you are not dealing with compromsed tissues and the fit is less critical.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline Gyneguy

In one of the examples above it shows an illustration of a male comparing the white garment to the black garment with multiple views. The individual has the garment tucked into his pants. Clearly the model wearing the shaper does not have it tucked in, so wich is it?

Myself I would prefer somethting I can tuck in, it would keep the garment from sliding up your body every time you move your arms. The compression vest I wear now (post-surgery) is made by Caromed Intl. It is the Zipper + hooks and velcro type that can not be tucked in and I find myself adjusting it constantly.

DrBermant

I have just added a resource about compression vests showing pictures of patients with and without the vests.

You can see actual examples of Compression Chest Contouring Without Surgery for different types of gynecomastia here:

Compression Contouring After Massive Weight Loss

Body Shaping for Puffy Nipples

Body Shaping Compression Contouring for Overweight Male - This one shows the Black Vest in use.

Body Shaper Compression Garment for Severly Obese Male

Check out the multiple views for each patient.  Comments would be appreciated on the navigation of the new section.  Will be posting movies of how the vests stabilize jiggling and comments showing emotions of first trying on the compression garments.  Clink on the links to see other views of the garment and features of this design I prefer.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

I have updated this resource and am in the process of adding even more.  The body shaping garment has been a great value for patients in transition needing an emotional boost while stabilizing their body before surgery. My staff and I get a great deal of pleasure watching the faces of those who try a garment on watching themselves in a mirror.  That is why I call such body shaping an "emotional band aide"

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024